Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

So, I've been getting more dialogue editing work recently and I'm thinking about finally getting into the izotope universe. Some of the suites are currently marked as "on sale" through November 9th, but I haven't been watching the prices on any of their stuff. Does anyone know if I should expect better discounts for black friday, or is this pretty much as good as it gets?

e: actually it looks like the music production suite discount is through december 9th. i guess this is the sale then!

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Thanks everyone! I think the deverb and mouth click plugins alone are gonna make my life a lot easier too, in this brave new era of home studios.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

gently caress, I'm just starting to get good with and like RX, can't wait for it to get wrecked by contemporary business models!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I find, with most instrument libraries, half of the battle is figuring out how they want you to play/trigger them. I've recently fallen in love with 8dio's Intimate Studio Strings, and they give you a really high degree of verisimilitude if you pay attention to expression automation and switch between samples smartly. You gotta be careful though. As with every sample library I've ever used, you gotta find the sweet spot. The legato patches, for instance can be heartachingly pretty with their big damatic portamentos. OTOH, if you're not careful, your soulful cellist can end up sounding like a sloppy drunk.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

If you're not looking for a perfectly transparent sound, most vocal processing plug-in suites also seem to have pitch direction these days. My favorite voice design plug-in lately has been vocalsynth, which has decent pitch correction, but is mostly for wild vocoded harmonies. Nectar also has pitch correction, and I've got half a dozen max for live plug-ins that also do the thing.