Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

It seems like already owning the Echo Boys doesn’t give a further discount :( it’s still a steal but I’m not sure how much I’ll use the other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Arturia’s V8 being on Splice’s rent to own is seriously tempting... what’s $25 a month right

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Splinter posted:

You end up paying a lot more going that route (unlike Serum where the rent price works out to about the same as the one time price -- plus the one time price never goes on sale)...isn't it for 24 months? V Collection will drop to the $250-$300 range for new users when they do their big sales, and I've even seen it as low as $200 if you managed to pickup a freebie Arturia plugin when they do a promo. So at the end of the rent-to-own you've paid at least double what you would've paid if you waited for a sale on the one time purchase. Just save your money until next Black Friday (if not sooner...maybe they'll do a summer sale).

Very true, hadn’t thought about sales. For 50% off it’s worth making do until then

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Forgive me for asking - what do people use these libraries for? Is there a lot of classical composition? I see them thrown around a lot and I’m always curious

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

There’s a current Humble Bundle for a bunch of VSTs.

Not sure how good they are - anyone know?

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

They do a Black Friday sale and one in summer I believe.

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Judge Judy posted:

Is it a big pain to run 32bit VSTs these days?

On macOS, yes. On windows, no.

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Splinter posted:

Normally I'd skip at least one Komplete version (last time I made it from 8 > 12), but they might get me to do 12 > 13 just for Guitar Rig 6. Motherfuckers...

I used to use guitar rig, but I picked up Neural DSP’s Cory Wong offering on sale a few months ago and it shits all over Guitar Rig. I would suggest trialling one of Neural’s offerings.

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Anyone have any experience with clyphx? Wondering if it’s worth purchasing

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Arturia sale is live. Think it’s finally the year I get the collection, I’ve been using the hell of AnalogLabs

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Considering it (if you use the code GROUP on JRR shop you get a little more off too) but wondering if SketchCassette has too much overlap to be worth it

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ohhhh my god, I think I might have to take the plunge.

What's JRR shop?

Another plug-in shop, like plug-in boutique etc.

They’re well worth keeping an eye on.

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

SoundToys Little Radiator is free right now, till January 2nd

Really liking it for saturation. Plus, money off their upgrade.

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Spitfire Audio has a sale going live in 7 hours from this post.

I’m trying so hard to be good but I know I’m going to cave before the end of all this. I’ve already picked up a Max 8 licence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Discussion Quorum posted:

Is Plugin Alliance still doing their occasional big dynamic discount sales, or is that over now that NI owns them? I haven't really been paying attention and I'm not sure if I even should be.

Yeah they do - think the last one was June or July. The recent, big stuff doesn’t get the big discounts (think Kirchhoff EQ). I’m hanging on though, maybe in 2 years I’ll be able to pick it up for $30 :rms: