Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I ended up snagging DCAM Synth Squad and Geist for $85 each from the JRRShop sale. Since I only have base Ableton 8, I figured it was a good opportunity to snag some real instruments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Radiapathy posted:

So, Native Instruments customers were supposed to get voucher emails (and many did), but there must have been some problems because a lot of folks didn't get the mail, including me.

Turns out the voucher code's valid for anyone- but it's only valid til the end of December.

One of the NI forums administrators posted the code here:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1123871&postcount=23

Standard $30 USD / 25 Euro deal.

Hell, I got an e-mail even though I'm not a customer (yet - Komplete Audio 6 interface coming on Christmas). If they have a Christmas sale, I'm picking up Massive or FM8.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Radiapathy posted:

Just logged into my Native Instruments Service Center to grab the Razor update, and there are freaking 43 updates for my NI products waiting for me, all released in the last two months.

What the hell, man. It's like Windows 7.

They updated all of their instruments for improved Maschine 2 integration. My current download backlog is:

-OS X Mavericks
-New version of Reaktor, Guitar Rig Pro, Kontakt Player, and my Maschine expansions (bought it during the 6 free expansion sale)
-Live 9.1 and M4L 6.1
-XCOM:EU, Civ5 Brave New World and Gods and Kings DLC

All through a 512K connection :negative: See you guys in March

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Does anybody want to buy a cheap copy of Reaktor to take advantage of the NI sale? I still qualify for the K10 cross-grade because I also own Maschine, but I already owned Reaktor from an earlier sale.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Dicky B posted:

Are they not tied to your NI account in some way? I don't remember.

Yeah, but you can contact NI to unlink the key from your account.

If anyone is interested in buying Reaktor, shoot me a PM. I'm looking to sell the license for $80.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Radiapathy posted:

Anyway, I think Dicky was assuming that Surrender had used his copy of Reaktor to purchase a crossgrade (which would indeed link the Reaktor license to whatever item was purchased under the crossgrade offer), but I think Surrender was only saying the had previously bought Reaktor standalone when it was on sale, but he's planning to use his Maschine license to purchase a Komplete crossgrade, in which case the Reaktor license is free and clear (so long as he unregisters it from his account).

Yeah, this is correct. I bought Reaktor for $100 during a sale a few years back and then purchased Maschine after that. I'm eligible to crossgrade to Komplete from either Reaktor or Maschine, so I can sell the Reaktor license and still qualify for the crossgrade.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Not specifically about sound design, but Groovebox Society had a great 3-part interview with Sunshine Jones where he talked about synths and live performance

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Upgrades are on sale, too - I traded in 3 (freebies, at that) plugins for Soundtoys 5 at $190.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
also reminding everyone that the Soundtoys bundle is deeply discounted if you have some of their freebie plugins. I was able to "upgrade" to the complete bundle for $190 last year despite only owning three freebies

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
For what it's worth, it's always worthwhile to get the free or discounted Soundtoys plugins since they give steep discounts on upgrades to the complete bundle

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Arturia Black Friday sale is up:

https://www.arturia.com/black-friday-20

I'm seeing lower prices since I own some of their stuff - $69 for Pigments, $149 for the FX Collection, $199 for the V Collection.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
You also get a discount with Arturia hardware, in case you're thinking about buying a Keystep or Beatstep

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
If you have a Mac, the amp sims in Garageband are decent

Neural has two or three sales a year for all of their plugins and occasionally puts out coupon codes for individual plugins, so I'd just keep an eye on their twitter/insta

edit: I haven't used their stuff, but Kuassa has a sale going on right now and their amp sims are also highly regarded

curried lamb of God fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Neural DSP is sensational. Their plugs are slightly pricey, but they should have them for 50% off on Black Friday.