Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nermal.
Mar 16, 2003

Hello!

Radiapathy posted:

Another NI teaser video for another mystery product. Could it possibly be... Battery 4?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1_94H75zkU

I hope so because I've had so many problems with Battery 3 I stopped using it.

Native Instruments, for me, has been like cars from Jaguar throughout history. Beautiful, tons of features, pricey, arguably one of the top of the line... but when you start the thing up, you really have no idea what's going to work and what isn't that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nermal.
Mar 16, 2003

Hello!

The Mystery Date posted:

Interesting. I have not had that experience at all and have nothing but good things to say about Battery 3 and NI products in general. Do you use mac or PC, out of curiosity?

Mac. Logic Pro 9.

Battery likes to hit me with the "where did the sound go?" error. It's been documented pretty extensively on their forums.

Kontakt and Absynth crash just enough to shake my confidence in them.

FM8, Massive, and the rest of the crew work fine, but those are the apps that I use the least, mostly because I have plugins from other companies that (in my opinion) do a better job at those types of things.

I REALLY want to get a rock solid version of Battery though. There is nothing like that program for manipulating drum samples.

Nermal.
Mar 16, 2003

Hello!

The Mystery Date posted:

I run Battery in Windows 7 through Studio One, and h_double runs it on a Mac without any problems, so it would make sense that it's likely a Logic issue. Unfortunately, that doesn't give you any sort of fix, since if your like me someone would have to pry your DAW from your cold dead hands before you switch to anything else.

You sir are correct.

DAW selecting has always fascinated me. I spent the better part of a decade on strictly hardware, and when I decided it was time to join the softside, I bought an APC40 and Ableton and spent months with them. Never felt good, never had any real fun.

Buddy lets me borrow a laptop with Logic Pro 9 and five minutes after I boot it up a choir starts playing and the room starts glowing like when Harry Potter picked his goddamn wand. I have never had a better time making music. You just never know.

The APC40 has been converted into a Resolume trigger and I haven't touched Live in months. I wanted to love it.

Nermal.
Mar 16, 2003

Hello!

mnd posted:

Edit: Also, what's up Resolume buddy? I was actually thinking of buying some goon's APC40 for strictly Resolume purposes, but couldn't really justify it to myself just yet. What are you up to in Resolume?

PROJECTION MAPPING. It's so much fun assigning beat matched videos to various surfaces in my house. Prepping a show.

I would recommend getting that used APC40. There's unbelievably intuitive templates for Resolume and even a way to get the LEDs to cooperate as well (although it takes a few hours to set that up but then you don't have to do it ever again). I've got this template:

http://youtu.be/r38V-pJhOYg

Better than spending $800 on the React, which I've heard is lovely anyway.

Nermal.
Mar 16, 2003

Hello!

Phraggah posted:

Does anyone know of any good electric guitar VST's? I have Guitar Rig already, but no guitar actual guitar anymore! I don't especially have room or the capacity for a whole guitar at the moment so I am looking for replacements. :(

If there aren't would anyone have any ideas as to instruments I could hook Guitar Rig up to and get a pretty similar sound?

Anything from Efimov for Acoustic. Nylon guitar sounds gorgeous.

Orange Tree Evolution Strawberry Guitar for Electric. Check Youtube for demos, it is hands down the most versatile electric you will ever see for Kontakt. You shove that through Guitar Rig and no one will ever know you sold your real guitar.