Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Is there a VST that just simply saves whatever it receives as a wav on disk?
I have found a few, but they are ancient things - some boasting how they now support Windows XP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Perfect!

And there's some simple but handy things in that bundle too - just been having a bit of fun with the tone and noise generators

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Is there any plugin that is like a real-time sampler? So it takes live audio, slices it by transients or by time or whatever else, and lets you trigger them by midi (near) instantly?
I've been playing with looping, which is good fun (i've been using msuperlooper and enso), but i'd quite like to have that extra dimension available to me if it's possible.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Liveslice looked like it would do the job, but it appears that it died in 2013 and is no longer available.

I appreciate the reply though!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Now's the time to get it while they are doing 50% off for upgrades.

I am sure everyone knows this, but if you get the (free) Arcane by Embertone Kontakt library, it makes you eligible for the upgrade pricing.
Or at least, it used to - I got Arcane last year but didn't get Kontakt until this year and it gave me the discount.
Since then I have increased my sample library by... a lot.

(The Wavesfactory 1850 Organ is incredible, so rich and unique sounding)

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Discussion Quorum posted:

How does that work exactly? All 3 of those products say they use Kontakt Player. Does the registration process give you a serial number you can use for the upgrade?

Basically yes - when you get one of those libraries, you get a serial number for the product which you add into NI's Native Access (their download manager). NI then see's this an opportunity to get you to buy (cross-grade) to the full Kontakt - after all, you've bought in to Kontakt Player libraries, so why not give you an incentive to get the full Kontakt so you can buy those libraries that need the full product that no doubt you've noticed, since you've been buying libraries.
(You see it in the upgrade offers on the NI website when you're logged in)

The fact that these ones are free is apparently irrelevant.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
IK Multimedia are doing 70% off on many of their SE products until 7th July.

Of particular note is modo bass and drum, the SE versions only €39.

Full modo bass is just €99 too.

DaWolfey fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 3, 2021

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
MODO Drum by IK Multimedia is very good. Currently on sale, and the voucher MODO50 may still work too, knocking a further €50 off.
It uses physical modelling for the drums rather than samples (cymbals are sampled) - but this is a good thing! It sounds great and it's tweakable to the point of absurdity

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Vybez has been my biggest purchase regret so far but I blame it on being young and innocent and not doing the musics for very long,
God help me I was drawn to Drip as well but I didn't go through with it. One click and it's perfect? who wouldn't want that!

What other regretful VST purchases have people made?

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Kiwillian posted:

Does anyone know of a fairly decent (and preferably free) recorder VST? (the thing you blow into, not recording :) )

https://fracturesounds.com/product/emotional-recorder/ this is a good one :v:

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Really good deal on Plugin Boutique (and NI, PA etc - it's a SoundWide thing) right now:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/9033

iZotope RX Elements
iZotope Ozone Elements
iZotope Neutron Elements
iZotope Nectar Elements
iZotope Trash 2
iZotope VocalSynth 2
iZotope R4 by Exponential Audio (Exponential Audio)
iZotope NIMBUS by Exponential Audio (Exponential Audio)
Native Instruments MASSIVE
Brainworx bx_digital V3
Brainworx bx_subsynth
Brainworx bx_console N
Brainworx bx_stereomaker
Brainworx bx_delay 2500
Native Instruments GUITAR RIG 6 LE

for £45!

I've got a good chunk of these already, but VocalSynth 2 never seems to get a really big discount so it's almost worth it just for that.

DaWolfey fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 6, 2022

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Go to Arturia's website directly, there is a discount for V8 owners. €199

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Tayter Swift posted:

Arturia's starting their Black Friday stuff. Half off their synths, more if you've bought anything from them.

85% off V-Collection 9 if you have 8 - just €99

A no brainer at that price really

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
... and FX Collection 3 for €49

Are they going out of business !?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice