Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
Is there a good free multiband compressor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

I've been relying on the GVST bundle for a lot of basic stuff, so that's where I would go for this as well.

Should have been more specific, I use OS X -- the GVST site only mentions Windows. Are VSTs platform-dependent? edit: yes, they are :(

I'm looking for a free oscilloscope VST too if anyone knows of one.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
Glitchmachines' Fracture is free, today at least:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl_YFwbYLHI
http://www.glitchmachines.com/downloads/fracture/

Looks pretty cool/powerful for a free VST

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

RandomCheese posted:

That's really cool. I loaded it up in Reaktor and it works fine there (and sounds great), but when I tried to add it to Maschine I started getting crashes on the program startup. It could be something I'm doing wrong, I put the .ens into the Reaktor Library folder and told Maschine 2.0 to rescan, it didn't show up in any lists so I restarted the program and that's when the crashes started. Moved the .ens away, rebooted the mac and it started opening again alright. Is there a better (or actually correct) way of integrating this into Maschine? I have practically zero experience with Reaktor.

Edit: I figured that bit out, just had to load up an empty reaktor instance on a track and then navigate to the .ens to open it. Now for a new question, can I actually "play" this at all via the controller or is it just always on if the ensemble is loaded?

FYI you can now save your pad with the Reaktor ensemble loaded as a Maschine instrument to reuse it.

ashgromnies fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 6, 2014