Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Alright, maybe someone can ELI5 what I need to do here.

I have a modular rack and some desktop synths and mostly I use a combination of modular gear/sequencers and Korg Gadget on iPad2 (via Tapai midi controller -> Mutant Brain) to control everything.

My final output chain is a Zed 10 FX -> Tascam 4x4HR -> PC running Studio One 6. I mostly have only used this for recording and some very light post processing, and once in a while messing with VSTs.

My Desire: use the Reason 12 Rack plugin's sequencers to send note data over MIDI to control modular drums.

What works now: I have the Mutant Brain set up with MIDI channel 10 as 4 drum gates, corresponding to inputs from C4, D4, E4, F4. The PC goes to the Mutant Brain via the Tascam.
* If I make a normal piano roll on that track and send those notes, picking those notes, the triggers fire as I would expect and corresponding Mutant Brain triggers also fire.

What I am being smoothbrained about : W

This is Reason's Beatmap Algorithmic Drummer. If I load Reason Rack into a channel in Studio One, set its midi output to Tascam 4x4, and then pick this controller as the instrument, I see the UI and I can hit play, and see "NOTE" events firing in the VST, but nothing else happens in the DAW, MIDI events are not generated.

I feel like I'm missing a step. Or six.

edit: yes I ensured I am setting the same notes / midi CC in Beatmap, as I have set in Mutant Brain, and which are working in Studio One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
tjhe midi out seems to load and self patch and I see CC data there and none inside of Studio One.

The good news is this motivated me to SYSEX-flash my mutant brain, and it's more useful now and I understand MIDI better. still no out from unReasoned computer, much sad.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

iZotope Creative Mix Bundle 4 (VocalSynth, Stutter Edit 2, Neon Verb, Neutron Elements) is on sale for $49 (usualy $650 to buy all these). I had dicking with ah, ahem, trial of VocalSynth and knew I wanted it so I had my eyes out and frankly I think $50 is a good deal just for that, it's whacky and powerful.

https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/creative-mix-bundle/

It's tempting to pick up Ozone as well, but I am nowhere close to maxing out my understanding of ableton's built in mixing and mastering.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Nov 26, 2023

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

behringer managed to gently caress up a free VST rollout :laugh:

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2024/04/09/behringer-vintage-vst/

quote:

Behringer launched Vintage, a free analog modeling synth, and the German company’s first synth plugin. However, there’s a twist – the plugin isn’t available for download right now.

The Mac and Windows release is a Prophet-inspired synth that Behringer states they modelled on the analogue circuitry of iconic vintage synths.

However there’s been a bit of a hiccup with the release, and the product page and download link for the plugin went dead shortly after going live

:laugh:

This was announced like 4/4 so it was too late to be a 4/1 gag, and here we are on 4/12 with no updates from Uli's Private Jet.

rio posted:

drat I never knew I needed this but now I do.

I'm weird enough that this just cements my desire for a working amiga :shrug:

edit: wow there's a single "untested" A400 on ebay, for $1800. Yea, no. VST it is.

edit the second: wow recapped A1200s go for $2500 I should get into recapping

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 12, 2024