Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
Anyone ever use EZMix or EZMix 2 from Toontracks?

I tend to get bogged down screwing around with EQ and effects when I'd rather use my time to work on composition and the such, and so EZMix has kinda gotten my interest. Can anyone tell me if it's any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Soundtoys is giving away free copies of "Little AlterBoy" - a pretty nifty little pitch/autotune-effect plugin - using a "pass it on" kind of code system. Here's a link if anyone is interested:

https://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2015/&rc=235-8216-981

Word of warning - their site is getting slammed so it might take several attempts to get it. The promotion is supposed to go on till April 1st.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

RandomCheese posted:

Yeah we were talking about it earlier, the general consensus turned out to be

Whoops - I somehow skipped the whole previous page

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Anyone else jump on this and manage to get it installed? I keep getting errors when I try to unzip the giant file full of samples; I've downloaded it 3 times now and keep getting the same errors...

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Re:iLok

I just rebuilt my computer and did a full reformat/reinstall of all my software, and I forgot to "deauthorize" my iLok plugs beforehand, and now it looks like I'm out of an authorization permanently (1 of 2 authorizations). They are all Soundtoys plugs that were free anyways, but still kinda lovely that you can't just deactivate them online like all of my other plugins (EZDrummer, Amplitube, etc). I'll be screwed if my computer decides to kill itself.

Other than that, I've barely even noticed the iLok software beyond the initial install and authorizations.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Friendly PSA - if you ever see any of the Soundtoys “little” plugins being offered for super cheap/free (which seems to happen almost every year around the holidays), definitely pick them up! Not only are they generally pretty great, but if you have them on your account, they act as credit towards a purchase of the full Soundtoys suite (even if they were free)!
I ended up getting the full Soundtoys 5 Suite awhile back for like $120 (normally $500) simply by trading in all the free “little” licenses I had picked up last Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Just picked up Valhalla Delay - wow, this thing is amazing. I always used Echo Boy for everything before, but Valhalla is just so easy to dial in good sounds quickly. All VST makers should be required by law to incorporate tool tips on the settings the way Valhalla does.