Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
I'd actually say it is the perfect compliment.

Due to its ability to manipulate samples, as well as its rather amazing parameter routing capabilities - it will add the type of organic sounds that Reaktor (and by extention Razor) simply can not do.
In addition to that, the way its laid out simply makes the most sense to me out of ANY synth. It transformed me from a preset flicker to a sound designer almost overnight! (Yeah I filez'd it for a long period)

Almost as critical to me as my main workhorse Diva. The filters on Alchemy arent BAD but not great either, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
The video tutorials on it are actually very good, and thorough.

I designed a fair few of the patches in this track - in particular that huge stab in the beginning and the similar one that leads into the main riff. Thats just after watching the tutorials and fiddling for max 1 hour!

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Haha you actually bought Ultimate? You ballin man!

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
http://vladgsound.wordpress.com/downloads/

Limiter №6 is a quite amazing bit of kit. And its free! Watch the video. Gearslutz is already going nuts over it, I didnt get a chance to test it until today - it delivers.

edit: theres also a free compressor but havent sunk my teeth into that yet, may do so later and report back!

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 4, 2013

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Pretty sure those are the Kjaerhus ones.

http://www.acoustica.com/plugins/vst-directx.htm

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Diva's new OSC and filter + arp are in now, beta.

Sounds like they nailed that 8080 sound. This pleases me!

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
You people werent joking about the Klanghelm SDRR - I actually prefer it to Soundtoys Decapitator. Extremely good value at 22 euros as well.

Thanks guys!

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
NOT NEEDED!

Thats hilarious

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
This is bad, and I hope PACE eats it for real this time.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
This isnt bad. Can not guarantee it will deliver what you want.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
My friend used it quite extensively on this track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByeOIbE1pLE

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
what sets these apart from Zebra?

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Radiapathy posted:

Thanks to the goons who took a look at my plugin utility. I fixed some bugs and added some little features/functionality, and the first version is now live.

It's a free tool I wrote to fix some common problems that Windows users often have with VST plugins and Native Instruments products. If you ever run into error messages like "Could not load 1 or more plug-ins," "This file was saved with a newer version," "This patch was generated by a newer version," "Could not load Plug-in," or "Plug-in failed loading" in Kontakt, Reaktor, Maschine, or Komplete Kontrol, then I wrote this program for you.

It's called UltimatePluginTool, and the current version contains three different wizards:

Locate duplicate plugins or incompatible files (like 64-bit plugins in your 32-bit directories):

Get detailed info on your installed Native Instruments products, fix issues resulting from files being moved after initial installation.

Sort the Libraries tab of Kontakt using record store-style sorting, with the ability to pin frequently-used libraries to the top of the list or hide rarely-used libraries.

Two of the wizards also give you the ability to launch a selected plugin directly in an external 32-bit or 64-bit plugin host.

The program includes full documentation and in-app tooltips to get help with on-screen controls. I'll be posting tutorials on how to use it to solve some specific problems in the coming days/weeks, and how to use it to move Native Instruments plugins and library content around without breaking Kontakt, Maschine, Komplete Kontrol, or just about any NI product that includes plugins or library content.

System requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8, 32-bit or 64-bit. 1280x800 or 1360x768 resolution. You don't need any Native Instruments products to use the duplicates finder, but the other two wizards are NI-specific. The current version supports only VST 1.x/2.x plugins.

You can read more about the program in this blog post.

Or you can go straight to the downloads page.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Native Instruments in any way. I have tested it on numerous computers and operating systems, with every NI product released since 2009 (and some earlier ones), and have also gotten some very useful feedback from beta testers. But please read the documentation before using, and use at your own risk.

this is good work and cool

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Chromaphone is great, has my vote.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I found this and thought I'd share.

If you're tired of VST installers trying to put thing in /Steinberg/ or wherever then you can set and forget with this little program....

http://www.asseca.org/setVSTpath/index.html

OH MY GOD

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Dicky B posted:

Dumb rantssssssss

- As far as I can tell there is still no module instancing. Reaktor still actively punishes you for trying to encapsulate things. If you want to swap out a module for a new version you have to re-create all the connections between that module and everything else even if they haven't changed at all. If you have a rack of 8 samplers and make a change which needs to be reflected across all of them, you lose 20 minutes clicking and dragging out all the wires again.
- It's still a stupid click-fest to create connections between send/receive terminals
- They changed the color scheme again. Stellar. I don't really like it but I guess I'll get used to it.
- My wrists still hurt

As an end user I absolutely love Reaktor - it beats all the alternatives by a mile and I'm going to keep using it to make cool stuff. But as a software developer Reaktor has one of the most needlessly tedious programming environments out there. I assume the designers are a bunch of electrical engineers and circuit benders who are used to literally soldering wires together and don't realize how much less painful they could make the software for programmers. Or there's some hateful scheme to induce carpal tunnel syndrome in as many of their userbase as possible.

tl;dr, Reaktor still owns, Reaktor is loving garbage. Reaktor is life

great post

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
This is my favorite piano

Also i just grabbed a Maschine mk2 and drat SON it owns.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
free trueverb!

Also, really really loving the Kontrol integration for the arturia plugins. NI is running 50% on all Maschine expansions. Will be grabbing a few.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Trig Discipline posted:

Waves' installers are poo poo garbage by idiots.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Trig Discipline posted:

lol I posted a bad review on Waves' website due to their garbage copy protection and they deleted it. :-/

hahaha, mongoloids. gently caress waves.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Komplete 50% off

edit: wait, that might just be a crossgrade thing. Sorry, email didnt say.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
my issue with NI is that I cant sell any of the maschine stuff I've bought. A real bummer. The expansions i mean, I guess since I bought most on sale I cant transfer them? slightly gay.

other than that, I agree with most of what you said.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Radiapathy posted:

You can't transfer Not-for-resale or Educational licenses, but sales alone don't generally disqualify you from being able to transfer (although crossgrades/upgrades can be a complication). I almost never pay full price for Maschine expansions and the only ones I'm not allowed to transfer (* with one exception) are 4 NFR licenses that NI gifted me in thanks for a blog post I wrote.

Anyway, you can check which of your products qualify for transfer by logging in to your NI account, then going to My Account > My Products and serials > More > License Transfer > Transfer a License.

It lists every product you own, and will say "not transferable" if there's a restriction.

* And here's that exception. On Black Friday, I ordered a bunch of Maschine expansions, and most of them were on sale:

In my NI account, all of those expansions are transferable except for Velvet Lounge. I don't know what's up with that. I wonder if there's some kind of license restriction with the content creator? That's really weird. I'm gonna ask around about that.

oh wow thats really weird, I read your post and decided to check again, and now suddenly they are ALL transferable. They were'nt the last time I checked this page. Strange!

I'm glad I checked, thanks! Now I'll get some more out of an eventual sale.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
I had Arturias jupiter 8 so i grabbed the update for that for like 10 bucks - I must say it looks so much nicer now. Especially the browser is soooo much better.

Worth it I'd say

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Your Computer posted:

Is there a list of what's actually updated? It wants 100€ to update my V Collection 4 but it doesn't say what any of it does. :iiam:

e: I guess it just makes the GUIs resizable? I guess that's almost worth the money, because several of them are so tiny on my screen that they're completely unusable without a magnifying glass.

All the UI's got changed, they are alot more functional now. There is a brand new patch management system.

Watch a video on it.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/open-letter-to-the-maschine-community.270814/

well drat.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Radiapathy posted:

I don't know how I feel about Native Instruments validating the vocal minority of Maschine users that comprise the NI Maschine subforum by responding in that fashion. Maschine is an excellent tool for what it is, and the majority of the complaints about it are from people who want it to be something it isn't. (A DAW.)

Look, I 100% agree with you. The worst thing that could happen to maschine imo is that they jerry rig it into some kinda awful daw monstrosity that wont do ANYTHING well. Not to mention how many resources that would take away from other things that are really really needed (Such as better vst->daw integration)

But I'm really just stoked that they are actually adressing poo poo thats been flying around those forums since I got mine.

Also if theres a summer sale on Komplete im grabbing that bitch cuz I just got an S49

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
This sale is a real kick in the nuts for those of us with crossgrade options. I was going to get komplete through crossgrade this month (have maschine and Kontrol S49) but the sale doesnt cover that. I got Reaktor for 99 EUR instead.

I really need strings though. Gonna look elsewhere for that I guess.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Oh drat. I love chromaphone - Might have to get that!

Thanks for the heads up

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
are those not triggered by different keyboard ranges/notes?

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Pretty slick third party GUI/skin for Diva.

8 EUR, there's a demo too.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BEnNXGp46k

it begins

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
as far as I can tell, new things are that Form synth, and Una Corda which I know has been around a while.

Anything else?

edit: well.. reaktor 6

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Swagger Dagger posted:

Might make the upgrade when it goes on sale, I've been wanting to play with Reaktor 6 and Form looks kinda cool.

blocks are really fun

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slYbmxaBo-I

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
afaik its on sale right now too

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
So im fairly close to pulling the trigger on a Komplete 11 crossgrade (From maschine/Komplete Kontrol) - But i'd end up with a few duplicates.

Reaktor 6 (crossgrade version)
Razor
Skanner XT
The Mouth

Is anyone here interested in either of these, via license transfer?

edit: for sale, if that wasnt obvious, goon prices of course.

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 5, 2016

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Yeah do It

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
yeah I think you need to own one of the other things first; maschine, or maybe something like razor

edit: Okay found it:

This crossgrade only works for users of KOMPLETE KONTROL S25-88, MASCHINE 2 software (included with MASCHINE STUDIO, and new purchases of MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO)

So.. anyone interested has to own one of those two

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Wizchine posted:

If you're like me and have at least one U-he product, you got an announcement today about the release of their new synth Repro-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhQST401uYM

Sounds pretty sweet and is only $99.

They mention it's been 5 years since DIVA was released, and so I now feel even older....

so Urs is definitely a wizard

had the beta of that for a while its really good