Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Okay, I'll bite. What is EMSM short for?

I'm out of town for the next few days but hopeful that Hattie B lines will have died down by next Wednesday or Thursday when I'm going to hit it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

BullyBoy is (quietly) open now. It's the new spot from Concentrics group and is in the same compound as Two Urban Licks and New Realm. Their website still seems to be a work in progress but food and service were both very good last night, especially for a spot that just opened. We only got through about half the menu but really enjoyed everything we had; standouts for me were: lobster frites, blue crab fried rice w/ omelette, clam chowder carbonara, and the rabbit patty melt. I really liked some of the lighter dishes too like the bibb salad, the crab/mango salad, and the red snapper tartare. Looking forward to getting back soon to try more of the composed plates as well as one of their "feasts".

BTW one of my friends is running the kitchen but I don't think I'm too biased, I would've given it a big thumbs up even if I didn't know anyone there/didn't get comped stuff.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Oh man, I didn't realize Nina & Rafi's had opened. Need that Detroit style pizza in my life so bad.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

venutolo posted:

It can be hard to find if you don't know where it is...

Thanks for that, I’m going to try my best to get over there this weekend and that’ll be super helpful.

ExiledTinkerer posted:

There can never be enough Detroit Pizza available in the whole of this state of GA---so that's great to hear of a newcomer on the beltline at that.

This brings the grand sum up to...about a couple/few!

The only places I know of that do Detroit pizza at all are O4W and Nina & Rafi’s (which seem to be sister restaurants or at least share some owner overlap) and Three Cities in Sweet Auburn Market which has weird hours and kinda mediocre pies. If someone stole the Via 313 concept from Austin and opened the same thing here with a new name, I bet it’d do gang busters. We have so many good Neopolitan style places here and a couple half decent NYC slice places but our Chicago and Detroit (much less Buffalo and New Haven) game is weak af

I’m really hoping Nina & Rafi’s adds the Grandma Pie to the menu too; it was my favorite pie in Atlanta until O4W moved.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

That's funny, I got Little Bear's prix fixe this week for the first time and really liked it. I need more eastern european food in my life. My wife and I agreed it's going in the weekly rotation. We've also been doing the prix fixe from Wonderkid every week and trying to hit up at least one of Supremo or Grindhouse or El Tesoro every week. And I've been trying to hit Chop Shop or Evergreen or Spotted Trotter at least once a week. I'm picking up an order from Little Tart tomorrow. So, basically, trying to get some money to all my usual, non-pandemic spots.

I ran across Little Bear because I did a dive on Eater Atlanta's lists plus some stuff people have been posting in work slack plus some stuff some industry friends have been mentioning plus instagram. I've been trying to put together a list of options that aren't our usual doordash/postmates/ubereats/grubhub go-tos. It's east side-centric but maybe some of y'all will find it helpful. Sounds like I need to add Talat's and Gaja and Rising Son to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Those are all excellent suggestions and if we’re doing eastside recs I’d add Supremo, also from the 8arm/octopus bar folks (El Tesoro for lunch or weekend breakfast, Supremo for dinner to catch either when they’re open).
None of those are at all convenient to Duluth, unfortunately. But luckily, the overwhelming majority of our best “ethnic” food is on Buford Highway which is up the Chamblee/Doraville/Duluth corridor. And most of our best Korean BBQ is up that way or further north as well. I’m pretty out of the loop on OTP stuff since quarantine but Sushi House Hayakawa still owns and I’m sure Eater Atlanta has some suggestions.
I haven’t been since they moved to Duluth but I have very fond memories of the Grandma Pie from O4W pizza and if I were in Duluth and hungry, it’d be top of my list.

E: oh, my bad, just realized it was kuskus asking and you probably already know your way around town. And that we already talked Supremo last page (but many months ago). I love their choriqueso and al pastor tacos though and their soup specials are consistently amazing.
The new takeout/market incarnation of Staplehouse is worth checking out too but they don’t do table service anymore.

Lawen fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 7, 2021