Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Need a place down there to take the wife for our 11 year anniversary. Somewhere "nice". Ability to get last minute reservations a plus. Preferably a local / non-chain type place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Maybe something a Llittle more cozy?

Might give their brunch a shot though.

Edit: the wife says she wants seafood. So fancy seafood restaurants in Atlanta... go!

crm fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 27, 2012

crm
Oct 24, 2004

My food experiences so far were:

Veni Vidi Vici (got an Internet buddy who's the Chef de Cuisine)
Vortex
Atlanta Fish Market

None have disappointed. I think I've also put on 10 lbs lol

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Zenzirouj posted:

Those are all solid places to eat. You have many more to go, though.
Holeman & Fitch for Sunday brunch!

crm
Oct 24, 2004

I'm heading down to ATL with some people on a limited budget - what's the best bang for the buck places? We'll be down there Thursday night -> Sunday morning (though probably spending Saturday at Sweetwater Fest, hoping Parliament Funkadelic plays Maggot Brain).

We'll probably hit one nicer place (probably Holeman and Finch) - so if you were drawing up your perfect list of cheap eats for Thursday night, 3 meals Friday, lunch and maybe dinner Saturday and then Sunday brunch, what would it be?

Nothing too weird either :(

(I may tell everybody to get lost Thursday night and take the wife to Bacchanalia)

crm
Oct 24, 2004

What's the best casual Vietnamese place on the NE side of Atlanta along 85?

Driving down from Charlotte, in shorts and a tshirt.

Is Pho Dai Loi #2 on Buford a good option?

Also willing to take "normal" Indian places, I've been easing the wife into it so it needs to serve chicken tikka masala and nan heh

crm fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 18, 2013

crm
Oct 24, 2004

This thread is fantastic.

What's a good dessert type place? On Charlotte the goto place is Amelie's Bakery.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Pho Dai Loi was outstanding.

http://i6.minus.com/ibhbcl1soJzczN.jpg

crm fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 19, 2013

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Any recommendations on seafood that's not obscenely expensive that I can get 4 people into tonight?

Can't get into the optimist until late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Went to Antico's for lunch. Wasn't even particularly hungry.

Freaking amazing, we ended up destroying a pizza and a calzone.

Doing Vortex and Local Three tomorrow.