Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

It's (barely) OTP but for Japanese/Sushi you really can't miss Minato in Smyrna. Located in a dark chasm behind/underneath a QuikTrip you feel like you're entering a grotto of mugging and despair. What you get is delicious, fresh sushi in a family-owned/operated restaurant that really can't be beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

Tried my first Persian restaurant in Atlanta the other night at Dez Persian Grill near Thai Diner on Cobb Parkway. I had the hint-of-cinnamon lamb shank over rice (w/saffron rice, dill, grilled tomato, and lime) and it was incredible. Their hot tea is an interesting play on Earl Grey that has been flavored a bit and their complimentary sesame pita-bread with cheese/radishes/thyme was also a perfect start to the meal. MY FIANCE had the Cornish Hen Kebab that was also awesome with some sort of citrus glaze.

As a note, they have no liquor license but you're welcome to bring your own with no corking fee.

Still a bit pricey but the quality of the food was high so you get what you pay for I think.

I'm still on the lookout for a good German/Turkish place to give me a doner kebab fix.

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

I stand by Minato in Smyrna--excellent service and I'm never disappointed in their Chirashi selections. The best part is getting to drive down a sketchy slope to go underneath the QuikTrip it lives behind/underneath.

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

Tamales alert!

Christmas Eve arrived and my wife surprised me with a trip to La Promesa off Nocross Tucker Rd to eat my fill of tamales. Abuelitas were slinging the standard Northern Mexican corn husk tamales and Oaxacan tamales wrapped in banana leaf. Both came in red/green chile versions that were excellent. Their pan dulce was cleared out so I'm not sure if they just focus on tamales or if they're that good. To be honest I've never been impressed with any pan dulce in Atlanta so I'm still on the hunt for that magic flavor if anyone knows a good panaderia.