Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Did Floyd ever find his elf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

darth cookie posted:

Learning to break nerds instawin $2000+ legacy only legal combo decks with cheap/common stuff is fun. Except when you get sprayed with cheetos as they sputter with rage when they realize there is not a drat thing they can do about it.

Sounds like those 'free to play' MMO's that are only fun if you have the skill and patience to break money spending pubbies (while not spending money yourself).

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

My PARANOIA* group had just made it to their mission location after a short visit to R&D and about an hour and a half (real time) of dumbassery and constant straying from the path.
PC #1 commands his IR trainee (we called them munchkins) to open a door, door refuses to open to an IR so PC #1 sprains his shoulder recklessly attempting to break it down.
PC #2 just opens the door effortlessly as it was keyed for security clearance RED and above.
The party storms into the office and demands answers from the confused ORANGE clerk, clerk turns the tables on them and further attempts at browbeating fail.
PC #3 farts and moves to vacate the room, presumably to blame one of the underlings as he often does.
PC #2 pulls out the experimental TAC-NUKE grenade he was assigned and, declaring that the only way to expose the traitors who are obviously in their midst is to use it. he presses the button and blocks the door.

:kingsley::FIVE
PC#3 hides behind his trainee
:kingsley:: FOUR
PC#1 struggles with PC#2, #2 wins and keeps blocking the door and holding the bomb
:kingsley:: THREE
PC#2 just stands there and grins.
:kingsley:: TWO
PC#3 farts again
:kingsley:: ONE
PC#1 attempts to rally the trainees who promptly piss themselves.

the next clones of everyone found themselves in a further room with the blast doors back sealed and nearby people talking about the loud boom that was just heard.

I love this game.

*played on a simple indy ruleset.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The single page ruleset I use: https://gshowitt.itch.io/justified-anxiety

E: I also refer to treasonous activity as ERRORISM, because computers hate glitches.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Feb 21, 2024

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

A game of Everyone Is John ended with John, naked in a dark ally devouring a human leg (uncooked but fresh!).
The policemen decided to go with the time tested strategy of of "just shoot, questions never" which ended the game but that personality managed every single goal it had!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

give them a link to the massive Mesopotamian/Biblical CYOA that's been running on these very forums for over a decade.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Has your faith in EL ever lead you astray?:everstrike:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

There you go with your methodically illustrated spider's web of an adventure only for the players to completely fail to spot your cunning knots and threads.
Meanwhile imma running tomorrow's session with nothing beyond "send players on bullshit mission, let them gently caress with the world, throw something crazy into the mix when it gets boring":agesilaus:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I should really write a PARANOIA inspired Cthulhu mythos thing, I feel it would work great.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

This eve's game:
Party comes across a triangular headed triple eyed vermin.
Vermin is caught and restrained with human skin straps (long story).
Vermin named Prince Franz Ferdinand.
Vermin is foolishly released from it's mouth muzzle and bites off PC's fingat.
PC smashes the poor rodent(ish) thing to death and sticks the regurgitated fingat up the carcass butthole.
PC later extracts fingat, washes it and attempts to reattach it as only an untrained moron could.
Later on all the characters awake from the VR experience they were unknowingly subjected to.
Player askes about his fingat, I inform him it seems he mangled it with his mouth while in the VR. Also, it now starts to hurt.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Read more about it, the duelers became friends after.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Me standing over Authentic Measurements GM: You'll be happy to know that all these weights I'm about to hit you with have been thoroughly adjusted to pre-revolution French standards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Only two players arrived for the PARANOIA game so I ran a high programmer game on freeform.
:agesilaus: playing a HP so dedicated to sloth he has an autonomous dinner table to feed him with robot hands.
:pervert: playing a HP dedicated to his sexual perversion so much that his secret plan is to turn the entire Alpha Complex population female. Himself excepted.

:rolldice: Crisis! There's a riot at one of the cloning facilities.
:pervert: I'll go there myself and do a rockstar entrance!
:agesilaus: I'll follow in my armoured litter carried by four robots like a demented Roman emperor, oh and I am sitting in a bath inside the litter.
:rolldice: with a robot arm feeding you grapes while you're lounging in your bath.
You are fairly certain you saw a confused face looking at you and then at a syringe trying to decide if the crazy procession was a product of whatever is in said syringe.

:rolldice: you arrive at the cloning facility. as far as the civilians in attendance know an insane road crew spent half an hour building riggings and you have just now been lowered by a crane with all the pyrotechnics and loud noise (some in the crowd lost their hearing) that would accompany a fever dream rock and roll nightmare.
:pervert: I string a chord on my electric guitar before demanding someone approach and tell me what's been going on.
:agesilaus: I stay back in my litter.
:rolldice: after some struggle within the crowd some poor orange level clerk is pushed forward: "the plan was to clone an incredibly venomous and dangerous lifeform! So we drowned the manager in a cloning vat"
:agesilaus: I send a robot to collect the remains in a container.
:rolldice: The robot does that but since it was not built for that work the remains separated to pieces.
:pervert: I declare that the workers here must select some among them to now eat the remains!
:rolldice: like a Roman legion's Decimation.
Do the both of you watch?
:agesilaus: no.
:rolldice: and so while strum on the guitar (not unlike Nero is often claimed at the burning of Rome) and talk to a news reporter of some type about how everything is great, you can hear the commotion as the mob is fighting with itself to find the poor citizens who'll be forced to eat a soggy corpse.

And that's where the session ended.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 18, 2024