Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I was helping to play test a friend's roleplay system last year at Sakuracon, and the GM had the prefab characters and decided that since it's a one-shot beta test that he didn't have to be serious.

We had a Robot, a Pirate, a Ninja, a Samurai, and a Mage who's possessed by an evil spirit among our options - all of them had rivals.

So the premise: Mad Max meets Iron Chef.

First round, we had to kill the ingredients, in which case is a Caesar Salad Slime, a Chocolate Pudding, and a Beef Dragon with corrosive barbeque breath.

As a note, in the system, you get points for being very dramatic, creative, or just made the GM laugh - so this is important.

Me: *after my pirate character gets pulled free from the Caesar Monster* (In character) Could you gentleman perchance have something as I could clean myself with?
Ninja player: Here you go! *he tosses a wet wipe at me*

I noticed a skill on my sheet about a portable cannon, and stood up.

Me: Now Gentlemen, I suggest you look away for just a moment or I'd feed you to the sharks I will! *feigns hiking up skirt to pull a Cannon out*

And when I was about to pull the ultimate move (Summon my pirate crew) to eat the Caesar Slime, I made this grand speech, and the GM interrupts me saying it's overkill.

Me: Ah, Never ye mind, they don't eat their veggies anyways. So I shoot him.

Now the second round is where it really gets fun. We had to prepare the food, BUT our rivals are sabatoging our work, and we can do the same. It's been so long, I only remember the highlights.

I pitched in by having my pirate crew turn the dragon on a spit and liberal application of alcohol. The Ninjas are having an epic duel with forks and knives, the mage flooded their kitchen while in full on Mechefistoles mode.

We were told that we were the loudest table, even shouting down the BESM table.

I sat in on a different session with one of my friends playing the Robot, she was playing as a full on friendly Robot helper who accidentally had an rear end in a top hat Modulator chip implanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Welp.

Decided to join a pick up game of 4e D&D to finally put to rest my concerns about the system (which I won't get into because editions wars is tedious). The DM keeps calling me 'little lady' and never directly addressed me, which already made me want to pack up and leave, but I decided 'well never going to see this rear end in a top hat again, and rather not wait another hour for the bus home'.

So I rolled up my character - a fey pact warlock and male character. The group starts cracking homophobic jokes, and I'm just sitting there holding my dice in disbelief as one of them asked if the warlock getting hit by a hammer would be considered 'gaybashing'.

I pretty much quit right then and there.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

nope, just sour me on any more pick up games if there's no one I know. I was just trying to cut off the edition wars at the pass.

But yeah, this was really the first time I felt really uncomfortable at a tabletop game - I've been sitting in or playing various games since I got introduced to D&D by the Goldbox Games (Gateway to the Savage Frontier to be exact)

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 16, 2012

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Jesus christ. The epic-level folks making low power people do poo poo is kind of part and parcel of FR but seriously.

The Slave collar is just utterly nuts and that the GM is stupid enough to keep throwing encounters when he wouldn't let you guys replenish spells. I'm sorry, but I say he's a dick, because even the most battle-happy player wouldn't enjoy that level of railroading.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I did a pick up game recently at the college - DM had premade character sheets and a short dungeon, for newbies and people who've been out of the gaming loop for a while. It was Pathfinder.

I picked up cleric since I don't usually play that class, the last person - a very quiet, obviously shy guy had grabbed the wizard sheet and we rolled. As it was a pick up, the plot isn't too complex - the Vizier's son went crazy due to a botched love potion and kidnapped the princess and fled to an abandoned dungeon designed to test knights, blah blah blah.

It starts out okay, cleared out some angry feral dogs, then on the third chamber, shy guy tries to cast detect magic since the room was suspiciously empty and was informed there's an anti-magic field since the old knight order hated magic and cheaters. I thought that was dickish to spring that on so early, but I thought it'd just be a couple rooms here and there so everyone has a chance to solve the room puzzle.

Nope, it turned out the entire dungeon from then on was anti-magic. and as couple of us suggested to shy guy to reserve his spells for the inevitably tougher encounters later on (since none of us knew about the anti-magic field), he was sitting on unused spells and sat waiting for when he could cast spells again as his character doesn't really have much non-magic skills.

When the thief player realized shy guy wasn't going to speak out, he called the GM out on it. The GM's response was "Oh, sorry - I forgot he was there," there was a long awkward pause as it sunk in. As the awkwardness went on too long, people started to make excuses to leave, shy guy being one of the first.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Once our DM had us explore - or really, retrieve a key from - an old tomb that he described as "long ago stripped of anything that had any value, except for one large bronze statue of the entombed, probably no one has been able to move that."

We perked up, looked at each other, and he just sighed and put his adventure notes aside. Took us a few hours of planning and organizing when the key retrieval was supposed to be a 15 minute flavour thing - there weren't even any monsters in the tomb or anything - but drat if we didn't get that statue to town and got a whopping 800 gold for it.

DMs should know by now characters will fixate on any little (or not so little thing) and it compliments the natural magpie tendencies to steal everything not nailed down, and bringing a crowbar for the things that are.

I was in a game where a paperweight derailed an entire campaign.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Phy posted:

So, more like a buck-and-a-quarterstaff?

but he's not telling him that.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Holy poo poo - the character's like a personification of Gaia online.

I don't think any trainwreck satisfaction would be worth sitting through this self-insert fanfic.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

so an almost but not quite a fedora. He does sound like a misery to know.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Kobold posted:

Just reading that reminds me of when I had a Half-Demon gorilla serving as both guard and librarian to a lich's library. And was armed with a Barrel of Returning. Mostly got ticked off when people weren't quiet when in the library, but was pretty peaceable otherwise.

Did it get upset if someone calls it a Monkey?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Serious. It would be dickish to allow the players to spent the effort to remove the doors then yank the rug out from under them, if the DM really didn't want them to remove the doors, they would've come up with a good explanation why they can't ('when you examine the door closely, you noticed a very fine filigree script that swears foul curses upon any who dare vandalize the temple' for example, and hinting the curse is both nasty and beyond the party's ability to dispel)

The DM of the paperweight game allowed the magpies of the party to plan an elaborate heist to steal the drat thing when the players won't shut up about it.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Either way, stopping to roll every five minutes can really disrupts the flow of the game if it's not combat. And really unless the players are outlanders who suddenly got dropped to the setting, there's no reason to make so many checks since the characters should already know to survive in such conditions.

Has anyone told the GM that the constant rolling is irritating?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I should save that, I like world-building and these kind of things helps alot.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Less a discussion on actual tabletop antics and more about the mentality of it.

Somehow I got into a discussion on how the children in Icewind Dale were rendered immortal that cheat-kills won't even work on them. We ended up discussing how a bunch of typical murderhobos would've exploited that.

-Pay a kid 50 gold to retrieve super plot item, some form of magicked communication and do something else in the mean time

-Kidnap children and force-marched them ahead to act as trap detectors and to bait enemies to waste their spells/SU abilities/limited use items

-Orphan armor: grab some kids, strapped them on.

and realized quickly that dungeons and dragons brings out the Humorously Sociopath out in everyone.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

man Scion combat sucks, and there's the typical WW creepiness, but strip those two out and you'd have the start of a pretty fun setting.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Telemicus posted:

He got away with a lot of stuff by playing off the standard response: Well, that's just The Wizard. Whaddayawant?

It's amazing how many assholes get away with it because of that. I ran into a couple of those in forum and PbE forms.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yawgmoth posted:

My first vampire character was a Tremere who was embraced because he played way too much D&D and always played pure spellcasters. His sire wanted to see if he would/could apply his encyclopedic knowledge of D&D spellcasting to blood sorcery and become a prodigy/innovator or if it would hinder his ability to process the concept of "real magic".

Sadly, that game only lasted about one session because the ST was super flighty at the time.

I honestly would've been curious to see how that's turned out (or embracing a computer programmer for much the same reason.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

EDIT: and Prof beats me to it.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I played a session of Cthulhu Dark a few days ago - a very rules-light way of playing horror/lovecraft style games. It uses a normal 1d6 die and Character Gen is Name + Profession and off you go.

Synposis: It's After WWI, and Family Matriarch Sophia Jermaine call her family to her manor in Derry, Maine for an early reading of the will, but by the time they came, she passed on, but things quickly get out of control.

PCs:

Maxwell Sharp - the butler who had been serving in the house for the last ten years, has been unnerved by strange noises in the house but didn't let it scare him out of the job and is on good terms with the rest of the staff. (Played by me)

Caroline Robinson: Sophia's niece, she served as a nurse, and is no nonsense, stubborn, and doesn't gently caress around.

William Jermaine: Sophia's Grandson, a College professor who gotten badly into debt and absolutely needs whatever he could get. He has little emotional attachment to Sophia and generally looks out for himself.

While Sharp and staff makes the house presentable, the family, including NPCs Todd and Maria arrived, only to be told by the lawyer Mr. Briggs that Sophia had passed away the previous night, which didn't affect any of the family, though it's clear several maids were taken by surprise by the news.

After some complaining from William, the family are taken to her rooms by Olga the headmaid, while their chauffer Tom tells Maxwell to make coffee while he goes outside to change the limo's oil.

First:

Maxwell was awake because he's a night owl when he heard what he thinks is a muffled scream out on the front lawn. He runs to a window, and finds a thick, impregnable fog.

While this happened, Caroline and William are both woken up - Caroline by a thump against her wall, for William, scratches on the window.

Caroline noted the bump is from Brigg's room, she went to check on him, got no answer, and went back to bed. William wasn't so lucky, he turned on the light and discovered the window was completely covered with rats. He rolls his Insanity check (you roll, trying to get a number that's the same or lower then your current sanity score which goes from 1 which is default, to 6 - being irrepairably insane). He fails the row, and has panic attack, waking up Todd which tells him to gently caress off and let him sleep.

Meanwhile Maxwell was too unnerved by the scream and did a headcount of the servants, and noticed that the chauffer Tom, head maid Olga, and Groundskeeper Douglas are missing, and woke up Mimi and Olivia to ask about it. They say they know nothing, but are clearly scared, but as the house spooks everyone and they have a high maid turnover due to superstition, Maxwell just tells them to stay in their room, and to ring the servant bells if something happens while he checks on their guests.

Then when Caroline went back to bed, someone attacks her, she succeeded several rolls, boasting her skills at subduing uncooperative patients during the war to gain an additional 1d6 dice to subdue her attack. Unfortunately for Maxwell, he was peering through her keyhold to see if she's there when she physically threw her attack - breaking the door, and sending him to the ground.

Caroline fumbles her attempt to tie up the attacker, who ran to a balcony overlooking the entryway, Maxwell gets up to chase him, but the balcony collapses under the man and he falls, breaking his neck. Maxwell then recognizes the attacker as Jerry Cann, a very gentle goofball who worked as a footman. By now, the commotion woke everyone up.

Maxwell tries to control the situation, but William and Todd demand to know their wills now since two people are now dead, so he goes to wake up Briggs. He gets the door open when Briggs fails to respond, and discovers why:

The man is dead, chewed on by rats - with one burrowing itself into Brigg's throat. Maxwell managed to succeed in his insanity check, and managed to suppress what he saw and yells at the others to call the police, and chose to omit the fact he saw the rat to keep things from going too crazy.

That's when everyone heard dragging noises from downstairs. The NPC relatives had enough and locked themselves in the room until police would arrive. William bolts down to see what's going on, with Maxwell and Caroline running after.

When everyone got downstairs, they discovered the dragging sound was... a misshapen creature dragging Cann's body. Caroline passed her insanity check, while Maxwell and William fail bringing it up to 1/2/2. The creature starts approaching them. William wanted to leave, but Maxwell wanted to head to the east wing where the maids are, and immediately ran there, anticipating that would force the others to follow.

It worked. They bolted the door, and checked on the maids - Mimi is gone, while Olivia's a hysterical wreck, they eventually calmed her down, and discovered that the chauffer rammed into the window but was "Clearly not Tom", and Mimi said she was going to talk to "Lady Sophia" and ran upstairs. Tried as they might, they couldn't convince Olivia to leave with them, so Maxwell hands her the master key to the servants quarter so she can lock the doors and leave if need be.

After that they went to the kitchen to grab some knives, Maxwell noticed some are missing, and informed the others, William naturally didn't take the news well, and started to show more paranoia, especially thinking that Maxwell had something to do with the murders. Maxwell denies it, but Caroline tells them to cut it out so they can get out alive.

After some discussion, the party decided to head up the servant's stairs, cross over, then down to the west wing to take the late Alfred Jermaine's guns to arm themselves with.

Needless to say, things didn't go according to plan.
---

Needless to say, things didn't go as planned, but as this post was gettng long, I'll typed up the rest later.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Part Two of Cthulhu Dark

---

So everyone ran upstairs, and noticed something running down the dark, spooky halls. Maxwell gets a flashback to the rat crawling down the lawyer's throat and freezes, but William bolts after, and discovers it's the groundskeeper with one of the missing knives. The groundskeeper attacks, but Caroline and Maxwell intervenes.

Groundskeeper accuses Maxwell of being involved with the killings of the maids, which not only does he deny it, he had no idea the maids didn't really quit. William rounds on Maxwell, but before any fights could break out - what little light was left went out, and everyone heard skittering sounds. William runs first, Caroline follows. Maxwell ended up throwing up from the realization he living on top of a murder hole, and got delayed, so he and the groundskeeper ends up being close to the oncoming rat horde.

Maxwell takes a change to try to dive through a door in the wall. I rolled and it ended up being locked, and given a maximun of four seconds to unlock it since as butler he has the master keys. I ended up rolling a four, so he just barely makes it in - along with five rats, he ends up stomping them to death. Outside he could hear the groundkeeper scream as the rats eat him alive.

Everyone fails their insanity check.

Once the rats had their fill and left, everyone regrouped, though it's clear that neither Caroline or William trusts Maxwell, but being thoroughly spooked and close by, they decided to follow Olivia's lead about Mimi going to talk to the dead Matriarch, and finds the door locked.

Caroline evaesdrop, and overhears Mimi and the headmaid arguing, Mimi being upset that everyone was dying while Olga coldly tells her it's just a nessecary compotent and orders her to go find William and Caroline to kill them.

Everyone gets ready, William's player risks Insanity (roll 2d6, keep best roll, then roll for insanity) to tackle Mimi, crits the tackle roll, and fails his insanity so Mimi ends up falling in a way she accidentally stabs herself with a knife, and he keeps beating on her.

Caroline rushes in and tackles the headmaid, while Maxwell holds a knife to her, demanding answers. After some back and forth, a creaky voice tells the headmaid to explain.

Basically five years ago the Jermaines found a spooky forbidden book of immortality, they tried the ritual with Alfred Jermaine, but it failed, but Sophia decided to try again and since it required the blood of relatives, she invited her family over under false pretenses, and calls the deaths the players encountered as mistakes. Of course the creaky voice was Sophia, who was actually not dead.

Maxwell flips out, and starts yelling about how evil and cold Sophia was. She and the headmaid then turn on him, reciting that he was a servant, he should obey, and if he helps, he becomes immortal. He steadfastly refuses and continued to rail on the, Caroline has heard enough and kills the maid, while William sneaks towards Sophia's bed. Just then she lights her candle, revealing her withered body and the NPC relatives Todd and Maria with their throats cut (Note OOCly the players, including myself completely forgot about their wellfare).

Everyone fails madness check (3/4/4 - William and Maxwell two left from going completely mad), and Maxwell ends up beating William to the punch and stabbed Sophia, who cryptically warns killing her wasn't enough. She finally falls silent, and William then sets her bed on fire. The three quickly decided to search the house for the book and destroy it, though Maxwell wants to swing by the servant's quarters and get Olivia even if it means he cans to carry her out.

As they searched the house starts bleeding, and walls take on a fleshy hue, the relatives went to the basement reasoning something that forbidden wold be hidden someplace like that, while Maxwell ran to where Olivia was.

The servant's quarters was quiet, and not getting a response, Maxwell breaks the door down, spraining his arm in the process.

As William and Caroline went down, they discovered bodies of the maids in various states of decay, their mouths moving as if speaking - both barely passed their madness check.

Maxwell goes in and discovers that Olivia had hung herself at some point, he passes the madness check, too grief-stricken to see the horror, then he hears someone whispering 'max' over and over again, as he looks up, Olivia's body swings, revealing Sophia's insane grin on her lips. He fails this madness check, and completely trashes the room in a fit of rage, while Sophia's spirit mocks him. He's a bad roll away from going completely mad.

He runs to the kitchen, grabbing matches and bottles of wine, rushing to the basement, too determined to be affected by the dead maids and quickly catches up to the relatives.

They found the book allright, as well as Alfred. Caroline goes to distract him with gratitous stabbings, while William tries to sneak past. Coming in late, Maxwell resorts to tossing a bottle at the creature, which breaks. Unfortunately William fumbles, and the creature whacks him, injuring him, but he manages to crawl to the book and starts stabbing it, and the book starts bleeding.

Caroline starts getting overwhelmed by the creature when Maxwell lights his match, risking madness in order to set it on fire. He somehow manages to succeed both rolls. So now, they have a powerful monster flailing around while on fire.

William realizes stabbing wasn't doing it as the book was healing, so he grabs the book - get imparted some ghastly knowledge including the cryptic "You will awaken here once more" then throws it at alfred, setting it on fire.

Eventually the creature dies, and the fire starts spreading. William refuses to move, Maxwell tries to force him, but he tells them it's not safe for them for him to leave alive, and in an act of mercy, Caroline slits his throat as so he won't suffer in the flames, and they fled the house.

Maxwell looks back in time to see the smoke forming a black hand and yanking something out of William's body.

So now the butler and the niece are alive, on the brink of insanity (5 and 4) respectively as the Jermaine estate burn to the ground.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Dr_Amazing posted:

Carpet shenegians

I'm of two minds:

-Yes, DM's kind of a dick, and understand why the Wizard's pissed

-When a DM says "Do you really want to do that?" is a big hint that the plan may have serious flaws (did no one consider how thin carpets are?)

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Okay - yeah I missed the "Failure to coax", and that moves it directly to "DM is dick".

I just skipped over it and assumed the players started shooting first without trying anything else.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I'd go for something scatological myself, considering how much bat guano seem to be a competent in vanican spellcasting

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

mmj posted:

Mentioning mr. Bubbles reminded me, I meant to post this earlier. On Saturday I ran my group's first Paranoia game using that module. It was me as GM (first time doing anything with Paranoia) and five players only one of which had played before. It went really well even though I stumbled a few times and am still figuring out what I'm doing. The highlight of the night had to be when one of the players got an insanely good roll trying to use regeneration (he had a power rank of 17 and rolled a 2) and basically went from near death to back in the fight in seconds. After the fight before anyone else had a chance he accused himself of being a dirty mutant, found himself guilty and executed himself on the spot out of loyalty to friend computer. I promoted him for that one, clearly friend computer could trust him after all.

This is the best kind of Paranoia story where the illogic of the setting is taken to it's logical extremes.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Wow. Even if her husband was okay with it, that was not cool of the Paladin player. Only a loving rear end in a top hat would force an unsuspecting person into their sexual roleplay.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Mr. Maltose posted:

I really don't get the DM's side here, like okay yeah taking off the blankets fine but by the time you realize you've entered the other sort of fantasy just have the guy try to take her poo poo or stab her. Sex Brinkmanship is a strange recourse.

I get the feeling the DM just flat out didn't realize it until it later and was too worried about the husband going after him.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Dr. Jamming posted:

Paladin being weird

I think not only is she getting off on the bodice-ripper nonsense, but she seems to actively enjoy pushing her sexual fantasies on unsuspecting people - which is really an rear end in a top hat thing to do.

If I was the DM, I'd tell them to leave and not come back after that stunt she pulled.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

None in my current group, but in a group from ages ago That One Guy threw a shitfit and quit when my cousin brought his boyfriend along. Funny how much we ended up enjoying ourselves more after he's gone.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Went back to the gaming store because a friend that recently moved up wanted to know where it was, and I was pleasantly surprised how Depissified it gotten.

They moved to a bigger location (Nice to see considering how many such stores are struggling), made it better lit and put up huge signs near the entrance that warned that harassing other customers is an automatic ban.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Ugh. I hate GMs who do that. That's not fun - that's just asking to get pelted with dice.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Solomonic posted:

Disappearing GM

My guess is your GM has some kind of secretive government job and had to relocate for security reasons. But yeah that is baffling and somewhat worryingly.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Daetrin posted:

Anecdotal, but a friend of mine with experience in that field says that sort of instance is not too uncommon for exactly what you Robindaybird guessed - sensitive government work requiring a relocation.
Which frankly doesn't make me feel any better.

One of my teachers had the exact same experience with a former coworker when they did computer security consultation, which is why I made that guess and that was nearly a decade ago.

So sadly, there's a good chance the GM won't turn up again.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Forget it, they're control freaks - just set up a new club, you've been way more then accommodating to their bullshit. If they start complaining, tell them you did try doing it their way but they shot you down, so it's their fault.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Honestly, if the guy managed to have that much problems with rolling - it wouldn't hurt to aim your punches elsewhere sometimes. It's luck of the draw - I had games where even if I made all the right decisions, the dice conspire to botch. You know what my GM did? He applied the pressure on someone else that wasn't having such lousy luck.

"He managed to fail several easy checks" It happens but you almost sound like you think he's doing it on purpose.

It's frustrating to the player to keep botching, and it's even worse if he perceives that the GM is punishing him for something beyond his control (which is what it reads like to me).

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 17, 2014

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Honestly, I think you do have the right to be mad - the player didn't consider that his actions pretty much would've forced you to sit on your hands while everyone else plays - and I'm surprised the DM didn't at least said the 'are you sure you want to that?' to Assassin's player because that ain't cool if the game wasn't angled to be PvP.

And having the potentially cool stuff taken away is just makes it sting.

As for cooling down - just do something else, and talked to your DM once you're calm enough not to blow up at them about this.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Few other things stood out:

This woman's husband was overseas, was the house that bad before he left, or is he going to come home to a nasty surprise?

Springing sexual content on a stranger is not cool, and I'm almost sure they expected you to be a Gorean-like submissive judging from their background for "Jacob". Not to mention expecting someone to play a specific thing without checking with them first is rude.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

and generally if they let their house get that bad, it's a sign that the lady might not be able to look after herself.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Cornwind Evil posted:

So wait, were characters claiming they were eating the paper, or were they legit IRL eating the paper?

Were they playing with Richard Hammond?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

masam posted:

have him come back leading a swarm of creatures from the lands and seas of Australia. Imagine what would happen if some of the things from there got out to the rest of the world. Like the platypus with it's excruciatingly painful toxin...gently caress it, just make him platypus man.

you're thinking small. Blue-ring octopi and Conch snails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yeah, have to agree with everyone else. The Rape was over the top, but the GM wasn't getting that his players were getting frustrated and bored.