Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?
Donnie is exactly the kind of person I would always want in my game crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?
I've made a guy for D&D (first game) who is based on Nicomo Cosca from Joe Abercrombie books. He's a cool swashbuckler. It's only my first go at the game but it was pretty awesome because I resolved our first mini-quest to stop aggression from this little fiefdom by inviting myself inside this dudes stately home to discuss the finer points of agricultural subsidies, then I stabbed him and jumped out a window.

e: this was after like 30 agonising minutes of the rest of my team trying to fight/navigate their way through a sewer. gently caress that, these boots are new. We were meant to apprehend the guy (the plan was to fight our way in and make him yield when we got there after our show of strength) but I picked up an alternative quest from the DM to kill him and get a nice gold stipend from another family. I'm awash with cash now and no one knows why.

J Bjelke-Postersen fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 10, 2012

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

LincolnSmash posted:

loving cops, always getting in the way. :cop:

This immediately made me think of "I rape the DuCaine family, again."

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Is there a story to this? This sounds amazing in a horrible way.

You should check out Community. It has a great episode in which Chevy Chase plays an amalgamation of every single D&D horror story in this thread.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

Colon V posted:

Except for :smug:, maybe.

But without that dick, this never would have happened. You need game changers man. Renegades. Mavericks.

Like me :smug:

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

The experiment I remember was to charge parents money when their children missed school. Attendance went down. Welp!

I haven't read that one, but there was a trial done ni Israel where they started to charge parents for collecting their kids late after school. basically the teachers were babysitting for an hour and couldn't go home. Rather than causing people to collect the kids promptly, they actually left them there longer and in greater numbers because paying the money negated any guilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I enjoy hearing about awesome, invincible Space Marines jamming their guns and loving it up. I haven't ever played a 40k RPG though, so I'd like to hear some more about how this poo poo happens and your story, even if the story is just 6 Marines throw themselves at a million random enemy monsters, I mean that is basically a 40k story right there.