Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I think you can divide PCs into those who want to end their careers in quiet retirement, those who want to become gods or the nearest possible equivalent, and those who want to stand before the gods (or equivalent) and bellow "NO GODS! NO MASTERS!" before launching The Revolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
gently caress it, now I just want to play the Power of Sloths.

Edit: Also, a zealously prideful agent of Sloth would be an awesome character. "I will see the WHOLE WORLD become lazy before I die!"

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
This is one of those situations where you can either be all "Oh I'm sorry, ale doesn't burn" or you can have fun exploding the townhouses of rear end in a top hat villagers and looting the town.

Not that telling them ale doesn't burn wouldn't have also been fun if handled correctly. And by 'handled correctly' I mean "Sorry, ale doesn't burn. But what's this? You find some convenient lamp oil nearby..."

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

glitchwraith posted:

I went into this story expecting :stonk:.
What I got was :3:.

That is an awesome little moment.

Okay that guy owns, baby saddle owns. Everything everywhere owns.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
"We can never go back" has to be one of the most common phrases in RPG groups.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Deathwatch, Dark heresy and their ilk run off the same base rules right?

Ish. Kind of. The original Dark Heresy was made by a different company whose name I have forgotten, who weren't as good at game design or layout as Fantasy Flight. Let that layout bit sink in for a moment. Everything from Rogue Trader on has a different skew and has a slightly different feel to it.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Liesmith posted:

Actually it owns. You get to constantly tell him that the world doesn't work like that. Oh, you made an electrical generator? that's nice, but unfortunately electricity is what happens when storms get lonely for the earth so your generator doesn't actually power anything, it just bums out clouds. way to go jerk

"Tell me again about how Mythology is a useless degree jackass."

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah randomly rolling a die is stupid as hell, if you want character death approach a couple people and say "Hey, since we're closing off this game do you want to die and have an incredibly badass death scene?" I mean gently caress, this is Exalted, your character should literally hold off an army while everyone else escapes and then only give up the ghost when a rogue moon crashes into him, and even then he's only mostly dead so the big bad stalks up to him to deliver the coup de grace when the dude explodes himself, killing them both.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Two headed warforged with one head of a much higher quality than the other, unfortunately married in this unholy alliance of steel to preserve its mockery of life, but alas! The rogue techno wizard who performed the operation is dead, and the secrets of removing the head and reattaching it to a better body are lost forever.

Basically have a really snooty pretentious head tacked on to a workmanlike head that gets poo poo done. Bonus points if you and your wife switch who's what head for different sessions, with any minor personality differences described away as a result of random misfirings due to the experimental nature of the surgery.

Edit: Also I think "rogue techno wizard" is probably the greatest thing ever to envision, right up there with "cyborg dinosaur" and "surfer werewolf"

Edit 2: "Surf Wolf: Her hunger rises with the waves."

Benagain fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 2, 2012

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Why are you playing with these people? Why would you share that?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
The mental image of a bunch of Kommandos just being 'somewhere' on a ship is hilarious.

"Hey what happened to those Orks we hired?"

"Damned if I know. Next time we needed 'em I was just going to broadcast 'Hey there's some good fighting on the surface of the planet, come down to the shuttle bay' over the ship's PA and see how many showed up."

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I think a dude who casts spells on other people fits just fine in this thread, especially since he was your lovely DM too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tyrone Biggums posted:

I had my very first experience with tabletop gaming tonight: D&D NEXT with a bunch of coworkers. 10 minutes after finishing character creation, I punched out a plot-important NPC. A half hour in, one of the other players beat a guard to death with a dinner table. I'm quite enjoying this and we have our next session same time next week!

You've got a good GM.