Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

They all demanded to see my sheet so they could find out what I did wrong, and dropped it when nothing obvious sprang out. I think it was just accepted as how the game was supposed to be played in that group, I think I set a record with the one-turn wonder there but I recall at least one player's character dying during opening exposition in the first game, when he mouthed off to the questgiver who was also the GM's character from an earlier game and a wacky >9000-level magic dude. The GM probably had some really specific idea he never expressed about how poo poo was supposed to go down in the graveyard, either with the other players saving my rear end or me at least taking more than one hit to eat it or who knows what, and just wasn't about to contradict the dice when they said I was dead.

No, your DM was simply being a gigantic rear end in a top hat who wanted you dead for some arbitrary reason. There isn't any other way of slicing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

areyoucontagious posted:

So I'm coming up on what may be a strange (read: awful) experience. I game with a great group of people, and I've truly enjoyed my time with them, but there are a few things about this next game that's being set up that I'm not looking forward to. We're playing a zombie apocalypse game, and everyone has relatively normal Los Angeles-based charaters: a movie star, a tourist, a doctor, a meth head, and a dog.

Wait, what? That's right, one of our players is playing a dog. Now I don't know why this got approved (I'm sure it's for the DM's own amusement), but one of the guys is playing a dog. Not a talking dog, or something equally hilarious, but a non-speaking, non-tool-using, nothing but attacking dog. I swear to god, the minute he tries to communicate with barks and whines IRL, I'm shooting his "character" in its little doggy face.

It sounds to me like he's doing some sort of grimdark Scooby-Doo parody. I say roll with it and don't worry about it.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 20, 2012

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

InfiniteJesters posted:

Hey now, if it weren't for the prequels we wouldn't have Republic Commando. :colbert:

Counter-argument: Republic Commando led to Karen Traviss writing for Star Wars. :smugbert:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Wild guess as to what's up with the Second Death Star:

It's being controlled by IG-88! :haw:

(yes, that is canon)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

BrainParasite posted:

Droid Emancipation Proclamation?

No, since it's IG-88, it'd be more like a "gently caress This Gay Galaxy" Proclamation.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

the_steve posted:

Seems like this thread needs some sort of...Judas Goat, I guess?
Someone to deliberately seek out lovely catpiss games and harvest them for our enjoyment.

Sure, epic and good games like CobiWan's campaign scratch an itch, but, we need that good schadenfreude sometimes too.

In other words, you're suggesting that we get someone like Grover interested in RPGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

the_steve posted:

The Sesame Street puppet?
Sorry, I must be missing an in-joke here.

I mean SA poster Grover of Groverhouse fame.

Sadly, I don't have a link to the thread chronicling his attempts to build his own house. I do know the phrase "load bearing drywall" comes up at some point.

:grovertoot: