Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Hmm. Memorable experiences, eh?
Well, first game I ever played was Call of C'thulhu.
Now, the GM of this was not very experienced, so it kind of ... degenerated.
Firstly, one of our party rolled the absolute maximum for Wealth on character creation.
Additionally, our GM didn't notice the part in the rules about scarcity of certain items for acquisition.

So, we began our battle against the Elder Gods with a hot air balloon and a 55mm field mortar.

Various highlights of this campaign include:

- Testing alien artefacts on a mountain-man who we handcuffed to his bed, resulting in the following exchange:
"Huh, so that hand-gadget kills people with freezing mist! Leave the window open, it'll look like he died of exposure."
"Exposure."
"Yeah, I mean, it's cold on this mountain..."
"And how will that explain the shotgun pellets in the body?"
"Ah."

- The line: "I heat the crowbar with the blowtorch, and ask him again what they do with the severed limbs."

- A scene in which I decided to drug a jazz musician to get his cursed trumpet, and put four ounces of laudanum in his drink: more than ten times the lethal dose. Fortunately, he spots this, on account of how his drink is now more laudanum than whiskey.

- Tossing a jury-rigged flare shell from our mortar into a basement, then stabbing the blinded hobo that emerges to death after he tries to hit one of us with a table-leg.

- Breaking into the library of Miskatonic-U to steal a mythos grimoire, nearly getting killed in the attempt, murdering three innocent security guards, then getting away only to have the following happen:
"Finally, we made it! Right, who has the highest SAN... oh, it's me. Fine, I open the book."
"Can you read Latin?"
"gently caress!"

So yeah, that was fun times.

There was also once a scene in a homebrew campaign I ran, in which the players were (it seemed) stalling for time, and they drew me (in character as one of the villains) into an explanation of how I made my money selling tours of the underground and murdering my patrons, then interrupted me half-way through my monologue with "I shoot him."
I gave them a bonus for catching the villain mid-exposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU