Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I'm in a new level 1 4e campaign. The party is in a tourist trap 'dungeon' run by kobolds like a D&D version of Chuck E Cheese. The kobolds die with a wink and the acid pit trap is corn starch in water with dye. After the midpoint concession stand we find an actual dead kobold killed with a safety weapon stolen from our Ardent.

After some investigation while other party members hold the doors for time, the next round of enemies manage to burst in and see their murdered family member. My halfling bluffs them into believing his day job is as a crime scene investigator for the local sheriff, so they'll be better off if they calm down and don't disturb the evidence. The rest of the party continues piecing clues together as I handle the employees. As things come to a head this exchange happens:

"I assure you we will apprehend the fiend. It is my duty for king and country."
:rolldice: natural 1 on bluff
"This is an elected republic short stuff."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
My regular game last night fell through, so those of us who were around played Fiasco for the first time, this is how it went:

It started with Dr Sagrus DDS cleaning the teeth of Theodore when he gets a call from his underage lover Francis. Then Theodore and Francis met up to talk about their lives and Francis pledged to help his friend find peace with the memories that haunt him. Then Francis and Dr Sagrus met up for their tryst and Francis blackmailed him for access to real drugs instead of the laughing gas he's usually compensated with. The blackmail is busted, but Dr Sagrus agrees to the deal anyway the next day after church. Meanwhile we flash back 10 years as little Theodore tells something he shouldn't have to his grandma, which then sullies his sisters reputation in the small southern town, the root of his haunting guilt stress.

Act 2 started with Dr Sagrus making a drug deal while his wife calls him on the phone, demanding to ask if he's cheating. He mollifies her, but the dealer takes his jeweled wedding band as collateral since he was short on the cash. Theodore tries to get another part time job at a bbq joint and considers using the family's secret dry rub to land it, but it triggers a panic attack as we flashback again to 18 year old Theodore receiving the secret at his grandma's death bed. When he came to, Francis told him his real plan all along: he just wanted Dr Sagrus to land the drugs, and then they'd steal them in disguise. The theft works, but the disguise doesn't, and Dr Sagrus gets the jump on them to take them back.

In the standoff Theodore offers up his family's secret recipe, which is something Dr Sagrus has been wanting all along, and he goes nuts with it; especially when he learns the secret ingredient that he could never have laerned from dental cleanings: powdered human teeth. There's a scuffle, Francis raises the suitcase full of cocaine just in time to deflect Dr Sagrus' bullet, but it nicks Theodore in the arm. They run out and leave the briefcase behind and fly down the highway. Theodore gets patched up at the hospital, reveals he doodled absentmindedly on the recipe while Theodore was out of commission, and that's the end of act 2.

In the aftermath Francis runs in the winning touchdown at state and starts dating Theodore's sister. Theodore makes up with his family since he took a bullet for their secret recipe and gets a letter from the New Yorker. Dr Sagrus' wife leaves him and is eventually arrested when its discovered he's pulling teeth just to grind them up for food.