Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Doc Dee posted:

That whole group sounds terrible and you should stop going, but you've made it very clear that you're some kind of weird masochist.

Yeah pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Lightning Lord posted:

No you don't understand, this group needs to be convinced of the errors of their ways. If Doomsayer mumbles "Dungeon World" under his breath enough, they'll become model gamers.

In all seriousness though, I wish groups like this wouldn't advertise for new gamers. It's clear they're disinterested in that.

To be completely fair that is literally what happened to me. I was a 3.5 grognard all through high school and refused to do more than scornfully mock a game for stupid plebes like D&D: WoW Edition, then one of my friends in college kept badgering me to try it and then I finally did and never went back. So it is possible!

But yeah I'm mostly doing it because I don't have anything else to do Friday evenings, it starts at 5 and is over by like 8 which is just about when my other friends are ready to go a'drinkin' so v:v:v

If no one wants to hear the stories though that's totally fine, I'll gladly shut up.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

M.Ciaster posted:

That's three hours you could spend like catching up on a TV series you always wanted to check out or something, in the comfort of your home, sipping a beer/other drink of choice, instead of spending time with grogs and their unwilling associates!

It's actually the most effective way to pregame! If I sip a beer while watching TV, I get absorbed in the show and the beer just sits and gets warm, 8 o'clock rolls around and I'm dead sober. But if you want to get a really good buzz going, I highly recommend drinking and playing terrible games of 3.5 because it's been scientifically proven there is no faster way to get large amounts of alcohol into your body.