Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I remember there was one time I was DMing Lost Mines of Phandelver (Return to Phandelver? I forget which is which) and the party had already cleared out some bandit lair, but for some reason they wanted to go back since there were some rooms they missed and they were insistent on returning and delaying the storyline just for some potential extra loot.

As it turned out, they were at a door when they overheard two hobgoblins talking behind the door. In short, they were supposed to be working for Glasstaff who in turn works for the BBEG the Black Spider. They already defeated/arrested Glasstaff and took his eponymous staff, so they had something to help them in a deception check to avoid combat.

Cue the one goofball member of the party barging in and loudly proclaiming he represented the will of the Glass Spider to let them through. Hobgoblins look at each other then look at the party.

"Roll initiative..."

Everyone in the party facepalms so hard while I'm cackling as the DM. Good times!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU