Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Raepdog posted:

mage decides its time to give him the food death

Never fix this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Fighting-Fefnir posted:

That rule was enacted after I started stealing people's pants by convincing the the wearers their combat prowess would improve without them.

"Woooo! I'm invisible!"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Mechs are more valuable than Mechwarriors. If you need a new Mechwarrior you just need two humans to gently caress; if you need a new 'Mech, most places have no idea how to build them anymore, they just kludge bits together as best they can.

Accordingly, Mechwarrior safety systems are rudimentary, because there's always more Mechwarriors.

Is the slogan still "Life is cheap. Battlemechs aren't."?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Josef bugman posted:

Not when its used for casting spells it isn't. There is no rule that says "must have a fine appreciation for pottery" amongst the things required to cast "unending pot storm". Or "must believe in happiness as the highest good" in order to cast "Bigby's brilliant joke".

This would be an amazing magic system.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

The Good Professor posted:

In 3.x, anyway, Druids just have to be Neutral on one alignment axis. I like NE Druids who believe primarily in "survival of the fittest", and try to become apex predators. Death is a part of the circle of life, and all that.

Do they hear voices in their head?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

Your Most Heinous Stories of Role-Playing Gone Wrong

This starts off pretty mild but hoo boy do the stories get worse the deeper you go.

This is the best, bolding mine:

quote:

Two new players wanted to join the group, they were a couple and wanted to play a couple in the game too, no problem fine, it being high school and what-not this was a a common occurence. The problem was their relationship was very up and down and it was reflected by their characters actions too! So we’d end part way through a dungeon or something and come back the next week and suddenly the lovey dovey adventurers hated each other and I’d say well, what the hell? Your characters loved each other one chamber ago and now they’re at each other’s throats? This goes one for a good two or three months in which I try to ignore the sudden, vicious changes in player character attitudes until finally we come into a game and these two are sitting on opposite ends of the table...uh oh. We get going and the whole time the two players are just glaring at each other, finally we get to a portion where there is a choice...their characters take completely opposite sides on the issue and suddenly the female player says “Why don’t you just go gently caress Jenny in the rear end some more?!” and throws one of my nearby Warhammer models at him. Blood was spilled, the police were called, DnD night was ruined and I have a new campaign rule now: couples can’t play in game couples.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

I think Interstellar won the "2014 original space movie" war, but we shouldn't forget Gravity just for the fact that it shows what an absolute bitch Kessler syndrome is

Gravity was 2013. I kinda forgot myself and had to check.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Kavak posted:

"Anakin needs to have reasons to turn to the dark side- lets have the trauma of losing his mother on multiple levels and a forbidden romance."
"Right side of George's brain, can we think about the implications of these plot points for the larger universe of your films at all?"
"No."

EDIT: The midichlorians were the same- there needed to be a reason why Anakin would be considered for training at his age, so Lucas came up with them. He failed or refused to see any other implications or problems with them- there was just their narrow role in the story and that was it.

I mean, the films actually read pretty coherently as "the Jedi were well-meaning but mistaken on many things and corrupted, they fell because of that corruption, and Luke redeemed the Jedi by not shunning connections to the outside world and trusting in his friends."

Whether or not that was what Lucas intended is largely immaterial. But like, even if you just look at the OT- Kenobi and Yoda are proved wrong. That's not a flaw, that's the student outgrowing the teacher.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The halfling doesn't understand why an invitation to dinner is so upsetting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

CobiWann posted:

According to our Cleric’s player, Christian apocrypha is part of the Director’s Cut of the Bible, while the Book of Mormon is fanfic.

This came up during discussion of how to properly pronounce Asmodeus.

There was a gif used on Fandom Wank that used similar sentiments, with Martin Luther saying “Stick to canon n00bs” and Joseph Smith saying he wrote this cool fanfic with Jesus going to America and so on