Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Your Gay Uncle posted:

He told me it was a Holy Avenger.
I was really enjoying this story right up until that point. You became That Guy when you destroyed his sword out of spite. Congratulations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Don't apologize, then start making excuses. It makes you sound insincere. Just let it go, and let's move on.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The Good Professor posted:

This is amazing, your players are amazing, I want to play D&D with all of you.
Me, too. I wanna be the Lawful Evil guy who shoots the generic "guy who's taken a little kid hostage" villain. Because if he's not serious, then there's nothing to lose, and if he IS serious, he can't be trusted to negotiate with anyways.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

BlackIronHeart posted:

We do fix games at the arena, that wasn't bullshit, but we fix them alongside the priests that run the place. We had a chat with one of them about needing this guy gone and the basilisk was their idea. Poor guy never knew what was coming.
Where are all these cool evil campaigns happening, and why am I not a part of one?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I'm certain there is a directory somewhere, we just have to find it.
...does the Death Star have a phone number?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Axelgear posted:

"By your powers combined..."
I knew that was coming. I knew it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I can't even say that story was humorous. The concept that this was somewhere in the middle of a goddamn decade of poo poo is equal parts incredibly depressing and completely baffling. What would motivate you, or six other people to stay? For that long? To drive an hour and a half to something you clearly weren't enjoying?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Commoners posted:

:siren:ALIGNMENT FIGHT:siren:

I remember beating one of my friends in MTG with his hundreds of dollars of cards and I had two goblin red starter decks crammed together. I just had a bunch of raging goblins run up and beat him to death before he could get a masterstroke combination off.
This story is extra funny because aggro is 'supposed' to lose to combo. I don't know what it is, but something about these 'spanner in the works' scrappy underdog stories always makes me smile. :allears:

Yawgmoth posted:

I really don't know what makes a particular area breed one type of player or the other, but it seems more a matter of location than the game itself.
I suspect it's what kinds of behavior the stores and other players tolerate. Whichever "side" start with the advantage will probably keep it, as those of the other type will quickly be filtered out, even as the player base in an area grows. Even a few :smugbert:s can slowly draw in others like themselves and elbow out all the decent people, if left to their own devices. It's like if the echo chamber effect and the Dunning-Kruger effect had a baby, and that baby was cancer.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 19, 2012

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SpookyLizard posted:

That hasn't really picked up around here. We do it somewhat, but, most conversation inevitably falls back to game oriented discussion and some people seem totally averse to talking about anything other than the game right in front of 'em.
Spikes never change. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yawgmoth posted:

And it made saying "you've activated my trap card!" so satisfying.

(Say this right before you play a counterspell, it never gets old)
My favorite was Ricochet Trap, because you could then redirect the counterspell TO Ricochet Trap. I'm sure at least one newbie has had a :psyboom: moment thinking about how that works.

"Your trap has activated MY trap!"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

berenzen posted:

I am terrible at Magic and have no idea how the stack works
It is better to be silent and thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt- except on SomethingAwful because then no one would ever post.

Coward posted:

Smallville
I had the same thought as Golden Bee, actually. I'll keep this in mind if I ever need to get some people into gaming.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Augustin Iturbide posted:

A bunch of other guys were playing characters from Hellsing, I think, and upon meeting them we accused our GM of stealing his monster ideas from anime.
Ah, the good old "that's the first place I saw it, so clearly that's where it's from". The bane of every artist who has ever had their song covered.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Seriously out-of-character? Personally I have no problem with people playing it seriously in-character, at least as long as the drama doesn't flip over to the real world v:v:v
With the line-break, it looks like the :v: is holding up a pretend glass of wine. Like, faux-classy. :v:v "The quality of the performance has gone downhill since the previous conductor's mishap, hasn't it?"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Plotac 75 posted:

The city of Tampa is, or at least was when I was around, known for basically explaining to other cities that the larp is in fact just a game (by killing their characters). People get mad. Oh, they get mad.
...why do I suddenly want to move to Florida? This is not a good thing!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

mortal with a stick beats all, it would appear.
Bla bla bla, power of true faith, etc etc.

Sometimes, the dice just go your way. And it's glorious when they do. Though, now I'm imagining a Punch and Judy show involving a mortal and a Cutethulhu.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Really, when you get down to it, that's what made the experience so notable for me, personally - the revelation that low stats can be fun to play, too.
It's one of those things that every good tabletop gamer discovers eventually. One of the benchmarks in a roleplayer's development, so to speak. And, relatedly, that a character's failures can be just as much fun, and perhaps even more so, as their successes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Agean90 posted:

Me, a paladin and lawful good servant of justice who happened to look and sound like an evil overlord, complete with black spiky armor.
I need to play a "scare 'em straight" Paladin eventually.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PhotoKirk posted:

Meet Medrit Vasur, the gay Mandalorian blacksmith.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Medrit_Vasur

"Medrit Vasur" sounds so incredibly like a Homestuck troll, I had to do a doubletake to see when the character was created. Except the last name only has five letters when a troll's would have six.

WHY DO I KNOW THIS :negative:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Exculpatrix posted:

and we lost one player to sleep
I hope that was during DRYH and the rest of you roleplayed accordingly.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

In the climatic showdown, I threw the bear at them without any lead-in or warning. If you've never seen grown men and women scream because a teddy bear is headed their way, you've never lived.
...oh my God, I'm stealing this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ted_Haggard posted:

tl;dr: Tried to play Fiasco, ended up LARPing it.
Jesus. I feel bad for you, but really loving bad for her boyfriend. I hope you never plan on contacting this guy again.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ted_Haggard posted:

I don't. That's kinda a friendship-breaker. Why the boyfriend, though, other than that he's on a pretty goddamn self destructive life path. I feel bad for his girlfriend, who's the one who got me out of the house and had to bear his wrath when he got home (although I don't know what he did or didn't do).
I meant to say "his girlfriend", but got mixed up somehow. :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Axelgear posted:

Suffice to say, I am looking forward to seeing how this game turns out.
That is actually really drat cool.

So, what's actually going on with this not-Mother lode? :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dareon posted:

While you may recreate a wide variety of action properties in d20 Modern, Just Cause is not one of them.

Yes, I know the campaign likely predates the games.
Man, now I wanna run a game based on Just Cause.

"I jump off the jeep, just as it crashes into the gas station, and grapple onto the helicopter."

"Roll to see how awesome the resulting explosion is."

Mr. Maltose posted:

So you want to play Feng Shui?
[One Google later]
Yes. :swoon:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 6, 2012

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Clanpot Shake posted:

I had prepared for absolutely none of this. These players...
You have a good group. Don't lose them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Guildencrantz posted:

I love my group.
I don't even know these guys, and so do I. :allears:

Coincidentally, what language do you guys play in?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jonny Angel posted:

tl;dr I misinterpreted some charitable DMing decisions as a secret agenda on the part of a recurring villain, and in doing so accidentally caused her to have interesting characterization.
As a DM, I love it when this happens. :hf:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Notable Gaming Experiences #2: They didn't rape those rats even once.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Clanpot Shake posted:

For the next session, I need to figure out his position in the Inquisition, his angle (what exactly he was referring to with the storm), why he sees bombing a hive city as the greater good, and I have no idea what my players will decide to do.
Hive cities are basically the definition of stagnation and decay. Hint.

Also, I love your players.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mister Sinewave posted:

I like thematically-strong games and it's great when things like that happen.
Somehow, I'm imagining this as a Mel Brooks parody of an American zombie movie, a la Space Balls.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I like your GM.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

NinjaDebugger posted:

He was well justified in thinking this, seeing as how the Amber rules explicitly tell the GM to do poo poo like this.
Exactly what I was thinking.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zemyla posted:

To be fair, he did suborn a droid factory and make the droids manufactured there subservient to him. So not every droid, but a good chunk of them.
Done right, it could be really Manchurian. Done wrong, it's a colossal Deus Ex Machina.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jewcoon posted:

And all it would cost you is promising to give the astronomers some extra grant money.
I always love these "look for something not there that should be" ways of detecting stealth. Something about the irony of it always gets me. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AlphaDog posted:

You need a group playing Hackmaster, though, otherwise it's poo poo.
Fixed that for you.

No, really, Hackmaster was made basically JUST for this sort of thing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Survival works well where it's a core point of the game. Like, if you and your group were playing a STALKER tabletop game, tracking rations and ammo and water and weight would make perfect sense.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AlphaDog posted:

Gaming with them is awesome.
My kingdom to play Paranoia with you guys.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tollymain posted:

That's because wargaming doesn't really make for very good stories otherwise :v:
Well, it does if you're playing Orkz, both because they're a lot of fun, and their rules are intentionally chaotic. "And then my mad scientist Ork accidentally teleported himself face-to-face with a demon prince of Chaos, right after one of my ramshackle deathtrap vehicles went screaming out of control and crashed into him and exploded."

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 11, 2012

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Or you could, you know, accept that your group clearly wants a shooty-game, and play a shooty-game with them, rather than obsessing over what a party is "supposed" to be.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You encouraged a character to be a kender. Young you deserved every moment of discomfort. :colbert:

(No, but really, ew.)