Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

'Hey hero,' the Orc Wizard says. 'Wanna try some Snow Crash?'

That reminds me of something from last Saturday's game of Dark Heresy. The party, consisting of an Arbitrator and two assassins with an attached NPC astropath, was investigating some techno-heresy, and had traced a renegade Magos' cybernetic daemonhost to a slaughterhouse in one of the hive's uglier districts. After a few blatant hints, they realized that there was some suspicious psy-nullifier activity within the building's Mechanicus shrine, but that if they tipped their hand too soon, their target would blow the building to poo poo and try to flee the planet. The session sort of started to flag there, with everyone giving me these weird, blank stares. As it turned out, none of them had any idea how to handle an investigation. The next part of the conversation was just priceless:

:v: (me): "Come on, haven't you guys ever seen a police procedural?"
:drugnerd: : "A what now?"
:v: : "You know, like Law & Order, Criminal Minds, NCIS, etc?"
:shepface: : "Nope."
:byodood: : "Never."
:drugnerd: : "I avoid those like the plague."
:v: : "So, not one of you has any ideas for finding your guy?"
:shepface::byodood::drugnerd: : "..."
:v: : "*sigh* Okay, here's a thought: imagine you're looking for this guy so you can score some weed off of him."

They found that fucker within five minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU