Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Benjamin Black posted:

There should probably be some sort of explanation for the thread title in the OP.

In a terrible group there's usually one person who smells like cat piss. In my groups it'd probably (unintentionally) be me. I have many cats. :sigh:

I remember a quote from one of the previous Best Experiences threads about a game of... I forget if it was Exalted or Five Rings or what, but one of the main characters was a demigod whose badass moment of the quote was getting every person in Japan and of Japanese descent to call out to Amaterasu to show they had not forgotten their mother goddess. I don't remember a drat thing about it beyond that, does anyone know what I"m talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Flavivirus posted:

Doesn't sound like Exalted or L5R, but maybe Scion?

It very well may be; I honestly have no idea what system it was, I only remember that it makes me warm and fuzzy and :3: every time I read it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

That happens in the PS2/Wii game "Okami," I don't know if it also happened in another Japan-themed RPG.

It wasn't a PS2 game, it was someone recounting an occurrence in their tabletop, pen-and-paper game :doh: Doc Hawkins said the exact same drat thing when I asked if requests were alright.

Maybe I should be more specific. This was just the one player's character, not a setting-specific character. :downs: I've owned and played Okami, I know enough not to mix the two up.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I can forgive star wars ships having wings; A good number of them double as shuttles and have to do atmospheric poo poo where wings are actually necessary/very helpful, so it never really bothered me. Am I broken?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Male Man posted:

If you give people rewards for stuff, then it reduces the perceived inherent value in the action. For example, kids are less likely to find schoolwork engaging if their parents pay them for letter grades.

Achievements encourage people to do certain stuff, but they lessen the enjoyment of the action in favor of the short-lived rush of getting an award. Choke-slamming Satan is reward enough on its own. Just let it happen.

On the other hand, if my parents had paid me to get high letter grades, you bet your manly rear end I would have brought home straight A's whenever possible. v:shobon:v I never had an allowance, so money was a motivator for me.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Bitchtits McGee posted:

I don't even like Star Wars, and these stories are knocking me on my rear end with awesome.

I love Star Wars and these stories are making me :neckbeard: like a child all over again.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Time Machine posted:

You do know that there's a whole Executor-class Super Star Destroyer that's buried beneath Coruscant's surface, right?

This is canon.

While using that as the escape vehicle would be a handy "gently caress you" to the Empire, I'm reasonably sure that entire group of infiltrators isn't even close to half the skeleton crew needed to fly a ship as massive as an Executor class (not to mention all the poo poo they'd break even worse trying to get something that big out, anyhow. Canonically, the ship being unearthed killed millions.)

DCB, never stop being amazing :allears:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

...I did not.

Now I have to see if I can cheese out a way for our characters to know about it.

The way things have been going, you could probably just tell the DM about it, show him the wiki link, and say "Dude, it's too awesome not to use :haw:" and he'll magic up some reference to it in the systems you've taken over.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Randalor posted:

Are we allowed to post second-hand stories? Because :downswords: tales of "Children are NEVER evil!" continue in the second campaign that was banned from being mentioned in the club, involving black dragon hatchlings.

Please do, I'd love to hear this :allears:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

homullus posted:

#bear. Bear Bear Bear

Bear bear bare-pun bear bear barely-pun beared bearbear bear bear bears bearbearbearbearbear.

Bear Singularity. All will become Bear.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:monocle:
Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

When you try to detect evil, you just get really dizzy and your nose starts bleeding.

The first image to me that came to mind was from some other goon's WH40K game where a psyker tried to read a (many thousands of times mindwiped) guy's mind, freaks out, and eats his lasgun. I forget whose game it was, though.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

"Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son!"
"Yeah okay, sounds like fun on a bun. *keeps hand*"

Hah, you wish.

"Hold out your arm."
"What, why- AAAAAGH"
"The Skywalker Coming Of Age ritual. Now you are a man."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Agrikk posted:

So DivineCoffeeBinge, when do we get to hear the latest developments from Coruscant?

I want to know if that massive buried star destroyer ship-thing gets reactivated and rips from the ground like the Yamato in Star Blazers. or like the movie version.

THERE WAS A STAR BLAZERS MOVIE?! :psyboom: Son of a bitch!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

"I am the Lorax, I speak for the droids"

If you actually said this, then this is the cherry on top of a sundae of awesome. :allears:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

I am one-hundred-percent opposed to this vile idea of treating droids as if they were people and not, at best, useful and amusing possessions.

Do elucidate.

I don't mean this in the sense of "You horrible person, explain yourself right now", I'm actually honestly curious. I'm all for treating them like people :allears:

Edit: it also now occurs to me that this may have been a joke, but I've been at a convention for two days and my brain is frazzled. Oh well!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Tell him the internet says he should let you steal the second Death Star goddammit. Yes, it's cliche as hell and near every Star Wars party tries to do it, but it's like climbing Mt. Everest- We try it because it is there. With as awesome as your party is, I think you could do it in spectacular fashion.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Phy posted:

I don't think The Tick ever had a little old lady but I can certainly see him in the exact same situation, all :allears: with Arthur shouting in his ear

This poo poo's fantastic is what I'm saying

Oh good, it wasn't just me :allears::hf::allears: I love this thread.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Agrikk posted:

tl;dr - lawful evil is the best evil

See this? This is what a lot of guys who want to be evil need to figure out. Just because you're evil doesn't mean you have to be dark, broody, NO ONE UNDERSTANDS MEEEEE emo bastard who wants to be part of the group but at the same time talks to no one and communicates nothing aaaaargh. You are not Squall. Even Squall was shittily done. No... Just because you're Evil doesn't mean you can't be a nice guy :buddy: It worked for Ted Bundy!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Jerk Syndrome. First guy to show them anything resembling affection or niceties, so they cling to them like glue. I saw more then a few of my friends go through this in high school :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Edit: Nevermind, on second thought that's kinda creepy.