Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

when he mouthed off to the questgiver who was also the GM's character from an earlier game and a wacky >9000-level magic dude. The GM probably had some really specific idea he never expressed
DM dick move, that's it. Good job not making a second character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Splicer posted:

Can I trap an air elemental in a jar and use it to power my magic flying cart?
Yes. It is slower than normal air elementals and you'll piss off a lot of them flying around in this monstrosity.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Since we're speaking of mostly-useless magic items, my party once found a box. About a foot long, ornate metal box, carved in ornamental vines, patterns and the like. When shaken, the box emits a sound. One time it's the sound of clinking coins, next time flowing water. Or an avalanche. Or some creature angry with being woken up. You get the idea. There is no apparent way to open the box, no visible lock, and unlocking/opening spells do not work. Neither do low-to-mid level scrying spells. I had way too much fun watching them try to discover the box's secret. The box was actually a form of a term project in a wizards' academy. Some useless effect and a just exact combination of protective spells, hence the "non-magic magic protection".

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Tollymain posted:

Eh, they have proto-personalities. Horribly selfish and solipsistic ones, but still...
Chaotic Evil, then?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

For those of you who play Magic: have you ever seen someone get taught how to play by their teacher using a tournament-ready monoblue control deck and the student being given a monogreen stompy deck made out of poo poo from the back of the closet?
What the gently caress? People actually do this?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Mathemagician posted:

After years of playing with terrible people, all of them moved away or stopped talking to me because of their own various psychoses.
Sounds like the common element was you.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

Not when its used for casting spells it isn't. There is no rule that says "must have a fine appreciation for pottery" amongst the things required to cast "unending pot storm". Or "must believe in happiness as the highest good" in order to cast "Bigby's brilliant joke".
It's a drat shame, that.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

dragon_pamcake posted:

The people I roleplay with usually end up being roll-players, especially my husband who completely fails to understand things like 'motivation'.

I'd probably cry tears of joy if one of them actually wanted to contribute to the world I was building. :(
Buy Descent, have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

And everyone lost it. Trying to picture that exchange and figure out how you'd drive two motorcycles at once.
Like horses, you ride one while the other's resting. Or something. :haw: