Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Reading this thread has reminded me of a tale of yore.

I was once upon a time GMing a large group of what could best be described as powergaming grognards in a campaign about being a Viking in D&D 3.5e.

The campaign started with them in this town and I had everything set up for them to start an initial quest chain to expand upon the lore. However when the party and their cart of stuff gets to the elders house, the de-facto party leader asks if there are any windows. Not knowing his intentions I say that there are, and he gets the most evil grin on his face.

The bard(leader) tells the group barbarian to stick a lit torch in the cork hole on one of the barrels of ale they have brought along, and they throw it into the house of the elder, setting everything on fire. the two archers in the party then begin shooting down everyone who runs out.

Afterwards, they book it out of town and camp a bit away only to be attacked by the populace of the village, of whom they slaughter to a man following a long pitched combat.

They then proceeded to gather up a large number of wooden stakes, decapitate all the villagers, and surround the entire village perimeter with the decapitated heads of the townspeople. And then they looted everything and lit it all on fire.

That was the first twenty minutes of that campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU