Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
I posted about this in the WoD thread, but I'm still super excited about how well my VTM20th game went and want to brag about it some more:

The feel I was going for was Pulp Fiction with fangs.

The game was set in Las Vegas, which is a prominent location for prize fighting—boxing, UFC, and the like. It would not be uncommon for a major championship match to take place in Las Vegas, maybe even an entire tournament, capped off with an extravagant final showdown at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

However, some joker decides he's going to game the system by ghouling some of the fighters, lending them a supernatural edge in the championship. With the amount of attention the tournament draws, this has the potential to be a devastating Masquerade violation. So for obvious reasons the prince is pissed.

All the PCs also received secret clan-related objectives from their primogen that were secondary to a main group mission. The Ventrue was tasked to cause property damage or bad publicity at the club that one of the aforementioned ghouls hung out at, because the prince wanted to buy it out. The Gangrel (with anarch sympathies) wanted to get him caught red-handed. The Tremere working against the Nosferatu, working against the Toreador, working against the Ventrue, etc. Jyhad!

The game went beautifully pear shaped like ten minutes into the main quest proper as the backstabbing started almost immediately. The Tremere player made everyone his bitch, provoking the Nosferatu player into doing something stupid then making the Toreador player take the fall. The Ventrue player cleverly manuevered the group to the location he needed to damage, trusting his coterie mates to lack discretion.

As a result of the player's actions, the Nosferatu are in danger of losing their status as the Prince's favored servants and the Tremere have been granted permission to greatly expand their chantry and thus their power base in Las Vegas. Also the Toreador primogen has been humiliated, and thus the Tremere have earned the prince's favor. The Tremere player ended the session feeling pretty invincible, with everyone else hating him.

Other highlights included, a ghouled MMA fighter hopped up on vampire blood threw the Gangrel PC out the window of hotel suite at the top of the Flamingo, and then the session ended with a car chase with hunters dressed as Elvis impersonators.

The getaway vehicle was a black van with the picture of a cat with angel wings and a halo silkscreened onto the side. In blackletter text reads the words "HOME PET EUTHANASIA."

One more thing: to keep the game going at a reasonable pace I instituted a house-rule that every player gets three covert rolls a session, which they send to me via google+ on their phones. This was to prevent the group from waiting 10 minutes while I parsed a bunch of covert actions, (a problem i noticed in Paranoia). The rationale ingame was that in a group of backstabbing bloodsuckers who know they are backstabbing bloodsuckers, opportunities where every other member of your coterie is looking the other way would be few and far between. This system worked really, really well.

insanityv2 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Though he was being really stupid in the last story, the first two don't seem that unreasonable. My the DM was just playing him that way, but my understanding from encounters is that Neverember is sort of a opportunistic prick.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Its amazing how fast that went from great to awful.