Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
You're a stiff wind away from knocking over that house of cards, holy moly :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
I accidentally made my Vampire a Malkavian the last time I played because someone incorrectly told me we were playing a game in the 1980s :saddowns:
Everyone else in the game was playing a sad goth and me and my friend roll in with Wolfman Jack the Nosferatu and came into the last episode of the adventure to confront the ultra dracula in the sewers. And we had no combat skills.
We weren't invited back but that's okay because the DM smoked inside his own house.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
Tell us about the mural painting also tell us why you would ever have anything to do with that dude especially in a business sense.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
Well, they're not wrong.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
and your dm is very good looking too
fake edit: I still am giggling over the flag having the word flag on it why

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
They didn't have exotic cheeses back then, only american and everything tasted like second hand smoke.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

JustJeff88 posted:

I grew up in the UK, which has fantastic hard cheeses. I had just never heard of this particular Italian cheese.

You could have chosen to lie instead of doing this.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
the gm advise thread reminded me of a time when a player RADICALLY changed the tone of fight and turned the dumbest joke villain into something creepy and i wanted to share

for a superhero game i had the players break into jail to break someone out and accidentally let a bunch of bad guys out. this was good for me because i could suddenly have a bunch of new bad guys of the week. as a joke character, i had their creepy and untrustworthy "man on the inside" be Spalding Naismith an evil basketball from the "golden age". some players found fun notes about the FUNdamentals of team sports and there was a lot of notes from the guards about how all sports EXCEPT BASKETBALL were allowed and the proper containment for a basketball.

And originally it was just gonna be a fun and cheeky bad guy, until one player saw an npc with a basketball for a head (he takes over people's bodies that way) and for some reason assumed that the funny little basketball bounces your head into your chest cavity and sits on top of your body and puppets the corpse that way. when i said "no no they're still alive!!" that made it WORSE because now they're freaking out because the head is suffocating in there.

The fun part was there was already a villain whose whole thing was something unsettling creeping into something fun for kids, the Bill Nye type guy stuck in a mascot costume and getting worse as more "retcons" pile up so I was able to tie into that and turn these two background low level scrubs into major threats.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
Those minis are fresh as heck

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
We spent a full loving hour and a half arguing about keeping this goat we fished out of an outhouse. We started shouting at each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Lord Awkward posted:

Having seen the first couple pages of replies to the tweet ("...[T]here have always been female Custodians."), I would describe it as more of a deep and turbulent sea of cat piss filled with writhing, incredibly mad assholes.

edit, a sampling of the piss, skipping the ones with wild slurs

i gotta be honest this sucks to read and i wouldn't wanna share it with anybody