Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
Doesn't sound like Exalted or L5R, but maybe Scion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

Piell posted:

Look at this dumb guy. Lazylords are the most fun warlords, because your weapon is the barbarian.

Seconded. It's even fun for the barbarian, as he gets to do twice as much smashing. Oh, and you get to recline in your deckchair with a diaquiri and a megaphone while the battlefield rages about you.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

Yawgmoth posted:

I hope someone said "good job, murderer. You killed them all with one spell!" because really, pacifist characters are only good for heckling in D&D.

Except for the 4E lazylord, of course!

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

Well, you can very easily reskin a lot of the powers to you just cheering your friends on or warning them of enemies - so about as pacifist as a guy that hangs around a group of professional murderhobos can be.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

Mikael Kreoss posted:

TL;DR: We go all Shadow of the Colossus on a giant rat at second level, and have no idea how the hell we're going to top that going forward. Our DM is the best.

Man that's awesome :D

Big boss encounters like that can be really cool ways to mix things up. I'll have to consider throwing some at my players soon.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

FrozenGoldfishGod posted:

I was playing Psychonauts earlier, and it reminded me of a really awesome Mage campaign I was in.

The basic premise was Psychonauts: Mage Edition. Our group is employed by an Awakened fortuneteller to help exorcise the inner demons of various individuals. We're assured that there will be a reliable artifact to get us in and out of the various levels of the Astral, and that non-Mind magic will work more or less as normal in the various minds we enter. This was, the ST later admitted, just so we didn't all build Mastigos. There's me, playing an Obrimos made man who's in this for the money; an Acanthus who literally believes that if he plans things out in advance, his Fate magic will fail, played by a guy who can take a character concept that sounds like That Guy's character, then make it work and actually complement the party setup; and a Thyrsus, played by a doctor friend of ours who always plays the sneaky-type characters.

Hah, that sounds absolutely brilliant. For what it's worth, your ST wasn't houseruling anything; it's canon that non-Mind magic works exactly the same in the Astral, doing whatever it looks like it ought to do in the dreamscape. I've always wanted to use the Astral more in my campaign; so far they've just had to dig down into one of the character's psyche to rip out an astral parasite that was feeding information on the group back to the Seer of the Eye, eventually ending up with them fighting a biological CCTV camera with wire tentacles in the bowels of a 1984-style prison. Good times :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

Ah yes, Continuity. One of their best adventures, and always a blast to run. Mine ended with an octomorph propelled by an improvised jet pack fending zombies away from the self-destruct button while the remaining two people fought each other tooth and nail for a space in the escape pod. Good times :)