Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

the_steve posted:

It's early as gently caress and I am not entirely awake, so as soon as I saw "Dale" my mind immediately leapt to Gribble, and re-flavoring Prismatic Ray as Pocket Sand
Same.

Related: in 3.5 D&D, mirror shades are an actual item you can buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

CobiWann posted:

According to my DM, there is no such creature as Thirty Flaming Skulls In A Trenchcoat. Even in Ravenloft.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Railing Kill posted:

The rest of the party might have been able to appreciate how cool it looked if the whole party wasn't totally hosed in that encounter already.

This is the subtitle to like 80% of all bard stories and it rules.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
My anima mage, Dr. Drey, has a legacy item named Spidersilk that we houseruled to (a) not suck and (b) not require leveling to 20 to get the abilities of. One of its very flavorful but extremely specific abilities is Command Spiders, which is basically a dominate effect but only for things that are spiders. Tonight, we came up against three Lolth-touched Harpoon Spiders that had laid webs and pit traps all over their section of the Demonweb Pits. I won initiative, and proceeded to use it on all three. Their highest save was a 24, and my DC was 25; thus the fight was ended as soon as it started, in true 3.5e D&D wizard fashion.

Since I am tiny and fly, the other the PCs mounted up and we rode to the next encounter: a drow with a phase spider. We asked him politely to let us through, and seeing four very armed people riding three huge spiders with an official document was enough to make him think "this is way over my pay grade" and let us pass. We picked up a celestial airdrop from some helpful bear archons (bearchons) after obliterating a bodak former-paladin guarding the gate to Celestia, and are now heading to a demonic council mounted on giant spiders.

Time to start some poo poo.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Galick posted:

wait is this in World's Largest Dungeon because a paladin-turned-bodak in an area with Drow + Demons is both incredibly specific and incredibly familiar.
No, it's Expedition to the Demonweb Pits.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Earlier I failed so badly on an intimidation check that the guard failed to recognize that I was trying to intimidate him in the first place.
My squirrel anima mage has a +26 intimate check and every time I have rolled it I have been successful at menacing something far bigger. It's been amazing and I am going to miss playing him (our final encounter is this Sunday).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
When a squirrel in a plaid suit and wielding a hammer as big as you threatens you, it opens up a lot of questions at once that make it hard to fight.