Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

They were guarding Dracula's Castle from the Belmont Family?

EDIT: Actually I just realized that's an awesome premise for a game.

Igor: The Henching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm running a paragon tier 4E PbP game and someone brought in a totally new to RPGs player.

Whoever that someone is, I already hate them and wish them ill.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Paragon tier in D&D 4e is levels 11-20. Generally by this point in the game, everyone has picked up a shitload of conditional modifiers and/or off-turn abilities and it's a horrible time to bring in somebody who's completely new to pen & paper RPGs. And yes, PbP=Play by Post.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Captain_Indigo posted:

I'm currently running a pair of D&D4E games on these very forums and they are a best experience.

:3:

It's also worth noting that Captain_Indigo originally only planned on running one game, and decided to open a second after the inevitable flood of applications. Which is awesome.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dr Nick posted:

Dungeons and Coutrooms?

Dungeons and :doink:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Axelgear posted:

Airy, baked to perfection, and filled with unimaginable menace, the beast emerges from the mold: A Breadnought.

I lost it right here. Your game rules.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Smilies are completely unrealistic MMO garbage. Ever hear of someone saying "Colon Closing Parenthesis" in real life? Didn't think so.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Section Z posted:

You gotta admit, it does fit the thread title though.

Only because he's the one with the cat-piss.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

So you just sort of decided that their turns ended and the trap went off again?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

God Of Paradise posted:

Get yourself a real DM and test the measure of your nuts and or ovaries.

I can see how tolerating an antagonistic DM who uses metaphors about vaginal fluids would be a serious test of character.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hogan the Hulking. "WHAT WILT THOU DOOOOO, WHEN HOGAN'S FRENZY IS UPON THEEEEEEE"

And then Randy the Savage says "YEEEAAAA VERILYYYYY"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Haha 7 kilometers. The deepest mine on Earth is 3.9 kilometers. The deepest known cave is 2.1 kilometers. The Mariana Trench is 11 kilometers.

I'm as big a fan of pressure plate traps as anyone, as my players will attest, but drat.

It's not 7 kilometers deep, it's 7 kilometers long
:goonsay:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dareon posted:

Fun fact! In medieval Europe, the garderobe, a toilet cubicle that basically dumped your dump down the outside of the castle walls, was also used to store clothes, in the belief that ammonia would protect from fleas.

That fact was not very fun. I apologize.

This is why everyone stands aside when royalty goes past.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You need to search for "The Arcanist's Conundrum"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Skellybones posted:

Does rescuing evil people out of kindness count as evil?

It depends on whether or not you believe your firm guidance can save them from their race's inherent evil and savage nature.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Skellybones posted:

It could be rocks which are engraved with a huge amount of detail, so everyone owns teams of enslaved demihuman "miners" who toil away underground finding the rocks of perfect size and hardness which are then painstakingly engraved by artisan stoneworkers.

The slaves are Azer(fire dwarves basically) and the slaveowners keep complaining about how hot they get.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

He should pronounce it "arse." Idiots would love a god named Arse.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

Gonna cast create water and give all those orcs an enema.

excuse me but it is clearly a cleric spell not a colonic spell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

he reads slow ok