Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

senrath posted:

Bards were actually totally fine in 3.5, despite all the memes. Their spellcasting was fine and Bardic Inspiration was a powerful force multiplier.

Fair enough; I don't recall anyone playing one in any 3.5 game I was in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

the_steve posted:

The safety isn't even guaranteed. I mean, any number of random things could happen to it. And RAW, you can hear the outside area as though you were in the space outside the lamp, but it doesn't say anything about any other sort of percepting the outside. Y'all could be chilling and a sufficiently stealthy creature could abscond with it, then boom, the party wakes up in the middle of nowhere with no idea what the hell happened.
Or the DM could begin with "As you wake up, you hear the sound of wind whipping past, almost like your magic lamp was being carried in the claws of a dragon."

You know, if they really wanted to punish you for having fun.

That would be a kickass way of starting a great session/adventure if the DM put some planning into it.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

If that player had simply read the 380-page setting document they'd have known the perfectly logical reason why the village of Hitchcock's guards are so trigger-happy.

Sounds like a skill issue to me.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Did you try casting Dancing Lights?

This, plus Otto's Irresistible Dance.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

But is owlbear red or white meat? Does it vary depending on which bit of the owlbear you're pulling the meat from?

Clearly the solution is a rosé.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

MelvinBison posted:

Water down a red?

That's a very goblin solution, I like it.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Lord Awkward posted:

This is fair. I thought this thread had replaced the old good/bad/catpiss experiences thread, but also looking at the OP that was like twelve years ago and if I'm wrong I'm wrong.
Thrown behind spoilers for now, and if you all want it deleted instead I'll do that.

It did, but one of the reasons it was rebooted and reformatted was to avoid becoming yet another grogs.txt incarnation. It's not an irrelevant topic IMO but there's so little variation in how people like that suck that any individual thing they say is unlikely to be interesting enough to be worth the sour taste in the mouth from even scrolling past it.

I think spoilering it is reasonable, personally.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Maybe later I can edit this post to add in my story of how my recent campaign crashed and burned after just four sessions, and I didn't mind.

Also this.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

As the player told me "it was a cool twist, but there goes my whole character idea out the window!"

Ugh, I had a GM pull this in a Star Wars game and it was the most annoying thing. Dude, if you wanted a party of Chosen Ones discovering their Force potential and becoming part of the new generation of Jedi, tell us beforehand so we can build characters who work with that story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Tunicate posted:

These are tanukis, so that'd be ballroom dancing.

It's, it's a ballroom blitz!