Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

How are your grill gates so clean? Mine haven't ever been that shiny since my first smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I like that bigass front tray.. my pitboss doesn't have that.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Yeah I pretty much just go by Meathead’s guide and spatchcock. My best results came with dry brining and wet rub. People like it. I’m doing one next week for an early thanksgiving.

umm that's a lot of reading htere..
I'm doing a spatchcock tomorrow as a trial run for turkey day.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Looks good

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Capisano posted:

I have this Inkbird one and it works well, I think it goes on sale every so often if you don't need it right now.

Edit to add: here it is, with case for $1 cheaper

I also have this and enjoy it as a good not billion dollar meat thermometer. The battery lasts ages.. I often leave it on after I pull a smoke and pull in the driveway next day and think.. huh I left that on.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

just buy inkbird. 1 box.. long battery.. good wifi 4 prongs.. ezpz.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

My tio for wings is. I smoke for awhile.. then cost with bbq and set it to like 400 and char em up quick

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Always spatchcock your chicken

Always never not spatchcock your chicken

Takes not that much more effort and makes it cook more evenly.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I meant turkey... But sucks you have issues with grip.

My family enjoyed it because it was very drat yummy and very drat juicy.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Double smoked ham is my favorite I didn't feel like doing one this year as it's been kind of a chill weekend with just me n the wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Mine just sat out in the rain? If you're scared put the control box under a zip lock.