Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001

Alleric posted:

Regardless, I've ran those OS probes for 12 hours straight before, no problem.

Seconding Oregon Scientific. I have the wireless with remote and it's seriously convenient, especially for winter BBQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001

agentseven posted:

This looks great, care to give us some insights into your method here? Chicken is the final frontier for me, I've pretty much conquered everything else to my satisfaction.

I'm catering a wedding for about 60 people this weekend. The bride and groom said the only gift they wanted from me was for me to make 'em some smoked meat for their wedding guests. Pulled pork, spare ribs and brisket are on the menu. I'll be sure and post some pics.

I made this over the weekend on my WSM. It was a huge hit with my guests and extremely low-maintenance, so I was actually able to hang out instead of prod at the grill. Not a single bite of leftovers remained. The uniform result would be great for something like a wedding.

The rub is a standard brown sugar, cayenne, garlic powder, S&P

The sauce is equal parts vinegar, sugar, ketchup with maple syrup, honey, and blackberries. I kind of go by taste versus measurement, but I don't think it's possible to really gently caress it up unless you intentionally triple the vinegar or something.

PCJ-600 fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 21, 2012