Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Thighs /drums / wings can go even higher than 180, too! Looks great for your first go round and truly the only thing that matters is how they tasted to you and those you fed. I use a vortex on my weber and my drums and wings tend to come out a bit darker than what you posted. If you're looking for some crispy skin I recommend a dry brine that includes baking powder mixed in with the spices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Not really slow cooking (tho I did put some pecan chunks on the fire for smoke), but using the Vortex to grill up some wings tonight. Made some macaroni salad to go with. Been sitting in the fridge for about a day with Jamaican jerk rub mixed with a bit of baking powder for cronch

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

First time making short ribs. Smoked around 250 til about 160 internal (3ish hours) and then covered and basted them in drippings, a can of Guinness, bit of red wine, some beef stock, and veggies (carrots and onions). Took out at 205 internal. Using leftovers for some chili tomorrow!

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Shorts ribs have become chili. Tomorrow they become chili dogs!

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Thank you!

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

bird with big dick posted:

Making short ribs into chili is a crime.

What about short ribs into chili and then into chili dogs?

I've loved each version and have no regrets

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Hell yeah it was delicious! Air fryer is a good way to heat the dogs and toast the buns, too

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Gonna need a follow-up to see the finished results please!

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Hell yeah! That looks awesome

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

That seems like a very appropriately day for smoking :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I'll second the kettle. I've got a 22 and can smoke pretty much anything I'd like on it AND have the benefit on grilling, too.

Snake method or Slow n Sear both turn out great results!

Edit: I've tried pellet smoker a couple of times and neither times got anywhere the smokiness I get with the kettle.

On The Internet fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 2, 2024