Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I used to have a deli slicer. My roommate at the time worked for Dietz and Watson and he would go to all these food shows, and anything they didn't sell or give away they had to throw away even if it wasn't opened, so he would just bring everything home. We also had to buy a chest freezer. That freezer was full of whole deli meats almost constantly and was the best. In any case, I got married and had kids and now I don't get thousands of pounds of free deli meat and couldn't justify the counterspace the slicer took up. Very sad.

That is my deli slicer story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

And no cross section!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

That's some crazy overcooked chicken 170 dear Lord

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Looks overcooked honestly. You're supposed to cook it severely underdone so you can slice it and cook it again in the pan/oven/microwave like you would normal pre sliced bacon you get from the store

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

So I want to pastrami on Sunday, and I have one of those precorned beefs from the store. Do you smoke it until 200 like a normal brisket? Or do you cook it until beef done temp because the brining process breaks down the connective tissue? I also assume the rub is just black pepper and coriander, yes?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Hey so I smoked some chicken maybe a month or two ago and found it in the back of the fridge today. Is it ok to eat? It smells like smoked chicken and not bad. They used to use smoking as a preservation method, right? It's probably ok? Right?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I ate it

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I put it on a salad, some kale from the garden, cheese, almonds. It was good. Afterwards I started to feel really gross but I think it was mental. I drank some coffee and was ok. I'll let you know if I puke.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Still ok everyone. We did it together thanks for your overwhelming support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Found a Masterbuilt 20B at a garage sale for $10. Hopefully I can do some fish or cheese in it. Anything I need to know before I go at it?