Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

There was an old mac game call vette that was awesome, had all of San Francisco mapped out, I'd love a modern game like this.

How much death do you forsee with rfactor 1 when the new version comes out?
I just acquired an older 6year old or so dell and would like to run an online racing game with. And rfactor looks like it could run okay on it. And for not much cash.
Can I do offline racing with it and the mods? (I'm pretty sure I can but wanted to ask anyways)

Any other recommendations for online racing that has low investment, no monthly fees (I have a family and not a ton of time) and will run on older hardware? It doesn't need to be a "sim " but I would like it to be not nfs

Edit : why is nascar 2003 @70 at Amazon? I have the Mac version of this and was thinking of grabbing the pc copy, ouch

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I checked online and looks like I can run lfs on my pc so I may try and run it tonight after second work

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So if the number on the top left is the fps im getting 7.
Also it won't let me adjust my controlers 0 point as it is slightly to the left.
I'm going to try rfactor today as well if I get the chance
video card isn't cool enough for rfactor

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 3, 2012

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Amazon has it for like 20 usd for the cd version

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm not familiar with the track, but it seems like a little lift off of the throttle is all that's needed to successfully navigate this corner.. Looks like no one in that video felt like they needed to follow the rules of physics and kept it nailed to the floor.
I love how in the fist part some random dude minding his own business gets taken out by some retard in a slideways car.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'd be down for either money for tracks and cars or a subscription model, but doing both is a little excessive

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Looking for some help.
I recently picked up an upgrade from my 2002 era dell desktop.
I'm now rocking a core 2 2.3ghz laptop. With a 512mb nvidia card
What's the feeling towards race 07 (its about the same vintage as the lappy)
I'm lookin for a play occasional game that isn't arcade as need for speed but not punishing where I need to spend hours on the computer with force feedback controllers to get the best line. And maybe play online every once in awhile.
If there is something better leme know.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I looked at lfs, but seems like it's 40 bux for 7 tracks and like 15 cars.
Do I need s2 in order to use mods?
How is the mod/extra car community?
The wheel that I am using doesn't have ffb.
I am in the US, and am only available in the evenings so online may not work well for me

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

any idea how long this will go on?
Also any idea on how well it works on older hardware? I meet the minimum requirements..
I have a laptop with Nvidia 512 card, an intel dual core 2.3ghz processor.. as well as 2gb ram.
but not sure how well it works..
Race07 works well on it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

What I don't understand is why so many driving games or at least the Windows HID control panel doesn't allow for trim, I have a controller that tracks a bit and its annoying to have to adjust deadzones or sensitivity to stop it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

my guess is there's got to be a snowplow simulator created by the Germans somewhere.
snowenplowzen simulator
or at least a winter implement simulator
or something crazy like that, the Germans simulate everything.

edit:
probably the closest thing :)
http://www.skiregion-simulator.com/sr2012Purchase.php

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 11, 2013

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

What is the PGS forum?
Edit: Private Games, sorry, got it!

nevermind you got it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I can't do iracing knowing I have to pay a sub fee THEN pay for cars and tracks. If I could buy a cat and track and tool around I'd be okay or if it was a monthly I'd be okay, but a subscription with IAP no thanks.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'll have to join once I get power back. I also have race 07 and a ton of the dlc.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Moxie Omen posted:

sim racing nerds are possibly the worst loving people on earth. gently caress them, gently caress them forever, ignore them completely.

Train sim people.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The answer is probably iracing but,
Are there good nascar Sims out there that are more recent than 11 years ago?
I love iracing but having a family makes getting to scheduled races without a pause button for 45 min a rough go. Plus there's the price, I'd like to let my subscription lapse and try an offline sim but I have a feeling that iracing is the best

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Last year's was poo poo too I tries it for wii and it was buggy as poo poo. not sure of the 2011 versions of before were any better.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jul 6, 2014

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

180* is all nr2k3 supports. Do you have an email I can send you my kinda okay and kinda complete profile.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

All set

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

OhsH posted:

try not to suck his dick

Are handies acceptable? Every movie I've seen regarding deliveries usually ends in something sexy happening.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Posted in iracing too:

Figured I'd drop this here

1sale.com has a steel series srw1 simraceway wheel for edit: 49 bux if anyone was looking for one

On its own it probably sucks.. mounted to a g27/25 its probably a decent f1 wheel with lots o buttons.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Toss nascar 2003 in for the best nascar racing offline.. sadly all the newer versions are hunks of crap.. heres to 11 year old graphics and racing back to the line. But driving and ai mechanics arent completely bugged to the point of being pants on head awful.

• Locked thread