Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I posted in the iRacing thread already since I'm planing on trying that out when my New G27 in a couple days.

I own arseto corsa. What other Sims should I be looking at? I'm mostly intrested in open wheel racing. I'd also really love a game with Formula E car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm having some issues finding the right settings for my G27 with Asseto Corsa. I followed one of the higher rated setup guides that's currently on steam. The settings feel so diffrent than the defaults.

I've never driven a car so I can't make any comparisons.

Anyone have a good setup I can try out?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Holy balls I hope I like physics in that game. Very sexy.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm disappointed that I seem to like the driving a lot more in Asseto Corsa over iRacing. The online stuff in iRacing looks great. And the oval racing is sparking an intrest with me since I started watching 94 cart racing, and saw a couple really good NASCAR races for the first time in my life.

I'd also like to thank the folks who recommended game stock car extreme. When I get my wheel working right in that game, it's great. It doesn't seem to auto lock wheel rotations for diffrent rides, or something is really wrong with my settings.

The supercarts in game stock car extreme are crazy.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Any of you goons have an Obutto cockpit of some sort that would give it a strong recommendation?

I'm getting dangerously close to buying a cockpit of some sort.

I'd still like to be able to use the PC as a workstation at times. Might dabble in space Sims at times.

Worth it?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Thanks for the tip on the diy stuff. I'll look into it, but I have a feeling the time to dollar ratio will push me to one of the kit cockpits.

The Volair looks nice as well, but they dont look as sturdy.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Torabi posted:

One of the best things to do in iRacing after a wreck is to say "It's just a videogame". But yeah, PCARS looks like it could be fun, too bad games nowadays don't have demos.

Please tell me you've recorded some of the better reactions this gets.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Y'all need to smoke a bowl before you race. Get those jitters out.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GhostDog posted:

Driving around at 20 mph going WOAHWOAHWOAH

Exactly the opposite for me. I'm terrible racing sober, I can't relax enough to focus on my line.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Other than the actual racing wheel, the buttkicker was the most immersive upgrade I've made to my setup since I started trying to get deep into SIM racing.

Did you get yours for racing, or was it primarily for something else?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

CaseFace McGee posted:

My racing seat is on the second floor, and I'm afraid a Buttkicker could be heard through the floor or walls. Does yours do that at all?

I'm on the ground floor of my house, but it doesnt seem to make any noise I can hear in my crawl space .

I think you would be fine.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

So my best options for oval are an old NASCAR game and iRacing? iRacing is great but I want to try EVERYTHING.

This sim racing poo poo is a really fun rabbit hole to go down, but holy poo poo it's eating all my hobbie funds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Game Stock Car Extreme has fun carts. Its also one of the best open wheel racers I've tried so far.

• Locked thread