Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

MisterZimbu posted:

Project CARS is by far the most realistic sim I've ever played - mostly because its career is smart enough to say, "you suck way too much to even think about leaving karts"

But seriously, does the AI cheat real bad via rubberbanding or something? The other karts fly past me on the straights.

If you stick to road racing the drivers are quite a bit more relaxed when it comes to incidents, so long as you aren't completely stupid.

Oval racers are all assholes though.

I spent months in rookie oval, the weekend I bound a button to mute voip for all players I got out of rookie in 10 races.

Edit:
I’m writing to inform you that another member has filed a protest against you for what they believe was a violation of the iRacing.com sporting code. I want to stress that this is merely a notification that a protest has been filed, and that no decision has been made on the merit of the protest. Let me also assure you that, in the vast majority of cases, the issues surrounding protests are addressed by a combination of communication, coaching and other suggestions to one or both parties involved.

Because of this:

osker fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Cojawfee posted:

Here's some rift info for the games I have played:

iRacing: This sim has full rift support. Turn on the rift, click the join button and wait for an alert box asking if you want to use the rift. You can use either direct mode or extended mode. Try both to see with which you get better performance. Sometimes you can get an annoying scan line in direct mode. If this happens, turn the rift off and then back on. Repeat until the scan line disappears. The rift does not need to be primary for extended mode. When using extended mode, you can also use SweetFX. Download that file, extract it and then copy the SweetFX folder, the two DLLs and the two text files into your iracing install folder (Default C:\Program Files (X86)), not into your documents folder. Make sure iRacing is set to be in 64bit mode. It applies a sharpening affect that increases the perceived resolution. You can open the settings file and scroll down to LumaSharpen to change the sharpen settings. It goes from .1 to 3. I set mine around 1.5 as 3 was way too sharp. Scroll Lock toggles it on and off.

Assetto Corsa: This sim has basic rift support. It has to be run in extended mode and the rift has to be set to the primary monitor. None of the menus have rift support so you either need to remove the lenses and look at the screen. AC does render the game in a separate window, so you can move the main window to a different monitor and it will still render the actual sim on the rift. In the graphics settings, the filter must be set to "None" or the sim will crash when trying to load.

Project Cars: This sim has basic rift support. It has to be run in extended mode but the rift does not need to be set to the primary monitor. None of the menus have rift support so you either need to close one eye and try to see where you need to click or remove the lenses to look at the screen.

Keep a can of compressed air around if you take the lenses off. Even if just for a second, something got in there and stuck to the screen and now you have a spec of dust or a hair being magnified through the lenses.

Richard Burns Rally: This sim, believe it or not, has great Rift support thanks to a Finn. The Rift solves the original RBR's terrible cameras. To get it working you have install the Official Patches 1.01 and 1.02 then head over to http://www.kegetys.fi/richard-burns-rally-oculus-rift-mod-update-v1-2/ download the mod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTBPVrC0tPw

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Yes it is. I bought my copy there, no shady business.

• Locked thread