Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
Does anyone play simraceway? I installed it just for the palatov motorsports dp4 and formula SAE cars. The physics seems pretty on to me but nobody seems to be online so I'm just racing by myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

All depends on what you want to do. If it's realistic driving/racing physics, doing a softbody simulation isn't enough. I'd wager the suspension in it is a simple spring, tires are probably nothing special either. Modern racing sims spend considerable CPU on simulating whole suspension geometries and multivalve dampers, as well feature highly complex tire and contact patch simulations. The advantage BeamNG has is chassis flex, something with racesims have not bothered simulating yet, which is think would still be worthwhile on non-F1 cars.

I have beam ng and it is an awesome tech demo. I feel like beam ng, and rigs of rods, main strength is larger vehicles like trucks and offroad vehicles.

• Locked thread