Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Superconsndar posted:

I would think this would mean he was massively sick, but...he's really active, flings himself around the room all day, runs up to me for food if he sees me, and eats a few mealworms a day, drinks well, etc. He doesn't *act* sick. Could it be that he's just realized that inside= warmth + food and there's not actually something wrong with him, or is he definitely messed up? As long as I don't touch him he's very interested and unafraid of me, if I grab him to move him somewhere he usually bites me and is very, very self righteous about it. :3:

To me, it sounds like he's learned to associate you with food, warmth, and safety and decided to move in. I wouldn't worry about him being sick, but more that he's discovered you're a big pushover and is now the boss! Which is too adorable.

On a slightly sadder topic, what's the take on this Python Ban? I only keep two Ball Pythons myself, so it does not yet affect me. Still, my cynical brain can only see this as the Beginning of the End of snake keeping here in America, and it's rather depressing. I still hold out hope it'll either be overturned or altered, but I've no idea how easy or likely that is, due to my ignorance of legislative process. And honestly, the more I learn, the less I wish I knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

It's not just a ban of imports, though. You can't take burms across state lines anymore. If you move, you are basically a felon. (it's a felony, isn't it?)

Correct, it is indeed a felony. Meaning if you have to move, you're a criminal if you take your pet with you. Do I believe it's enforceable? Not really, but I wouldn't like the idea of having a felony hanging over my head that a turn of bad fortune could get me charged for.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Big Centipede posted:

Also got a handful of baby Damon diadema.

cute little guys

What are you feeding them? When I had one I fed her crickets but they were always rather problematic, since they didn't want to climb, and if they did they would jump before she could snag them. I pretty much just hate crickets for everything save mantises at this point. gently caress crickets, aaaargh.

On an unrelated note, I was casually browsing through pictures of ball python morphs, and I discovered some morphs can fetch over 10,000 dollars? :wtc:

Now all I can think about is how easy would it be to become a Ball Python breeder. Anyone know how viable that is? It seems like the market would be saturated or you can't really get into the business without already having an amazing set of snakes or getting insanely lucky in the genetic lottery.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 23, 2012

• Locked thread