Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013
Hi everyone!
I'm new here, and after spending some time lurking I thought I'd introduce my 18mo beardie, Luna.

I adopted her three weeks ago from a very good friend who was moving out of state. She's about 17in and weighs 136g. She's currently in a smallish tank, maybe 25gal, and I'm thinking about upgrading her.
Does anyone have any advice on types/brands/buying online or at a show?

Here she is, passed out in her salad.

She's a joy, and very patient. I'm so happy to have her! Here she is, looking fancy!

Thanks in advance for any insights you may have!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013
Those are some cute-rear end snakes. Can you imagine if they stayed that tiny?? :swoon:

I thought my little Luna was getting ready to lay some eggs... turns out she was extra full of poo. And she's growing a little.. I've had her since July, and she shed in June, and now she's shed her legs again and her head is getting ready to peel. Here's a shot from last week..

ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013
Another day, another cute-rear end nap spot.

:3: :3:

ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013

Christoff posted:

Hey guys, first time caller

Found this guy in the streets downtown. Girlfriend literally almost stepped on him. He was cold not skiddish and quite slow/drunk acting. Didn't mind me holding him or picking him up. Really long tail. I can only assume he was someone's pet

Got him in the cardboard box with a lamp for heat. It's late so stores are closed. Put some lettuce, water, and a boysenberry in there.

We're considering keeping him but might throw him on Craigslist

So uh what do I do

Not sure where you live, but that looks like a wild (not escaped pet) alligator lizard.
Find out if there is a nature or wildlife center (run by a local govt agency, not private) and see what they say.
If you're in SoCal I can give you resources.

ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013
Oh, yeah. I don't mean wild like living in the wilderness... Alligator lizards are tremendously adaptable to urban areas, they just don't make great pets.

• Locked thread