Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nightmare Zone
Aug 3, 2014

Do you like sucking jalapenos?

Silver Nitrate posted:

Sorry to hear that Cowslips. :(

So, I brought my non-feeder to the vet today. The vet gave him a appetite stimulant/wormer and some protein slurry. I should know if it worked in a week or two. This is him a couple of weeks ago. You can see he has started to loose weight.

This is what he gets tube fed until he starts eating again.

I've heard from one person who had success tube feeding and rehabilitating their snake using this stuff, so hopefully it works for my guy. He's kept it down since his vet visit earlier today, which is a good sign. I really want him to pull through, but if he doesn't start eating in the next couple of weeks I'm just going to return him to where I bought him from and send out the female on a breeder's loan. Blah snakes are stressful.

That's the same kind of snake someone gave me that got abandoned at a Petco. I couldn't get it to eat and tried stunned mice and anoles. Ended up calling an exotics rescue. Hope that one starts eating. :(

Small edit: The one I gave to the rescue is doing fine now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread