Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoonyMcGoonface
Sep 11, 2001

Friends don't left friends do ECB
Dinosaur Gum

Zorak posted:

Is there anyone here who keeps Axolotls or other regenerative aquatic salamanders? Mine have managed to damage their tails in various ways recently, and I'm wondering what I should be doing to help them beyond just feeding them more often and letting their Wolverine-style Healing Factors take over. The one had a small clean break (I think the other one nibbled some of the tip fin off), the other I think somehow managed to tear the fines on the tip by getting them near the filter (a thing I've always been worried about happening :sigh:)

I've never kept them, but I did a bunch of research on them a couple years ago. I seem to remember that lower temperatures and 100% Holfsteaders can be used. There's a great site that has information on healing. I'll dig it up.

Fake edit: Ten minutes searching, and viola: http://www.axolotl.org/health.htm

This site is where I did 90% of my research. Great, great stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoonyMcGoonface
Sep 11, 2001

Dinosaur Gum
Does anyone know how chinese water dragon's make as beginner pets? (physignathus cocincinus)

GoonyMcGoonface
Sep 11, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

cubivore posted:

My guy's finally gonna be arriving on Wednesday. Ugh, I'm so impatient, I can barely wait! Bought him from a breeder.

Going from the SH/SC jobs thread to this one is a little bit jarring. For a moment there, I thought you were talking about hiring a new employee and was very, very confused (and not a little bit creeped out by the word 'breeder'.)

• Locked thread