Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Big ups on the Snowball recommendation. I used that thing for a few years, and the only downside I found was the lack of a headphone jack for lag-free monitoring.

I recently upgraded to the Heil PR-40, and I'm looking for work to justify that. I'll get my listing ready soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Okay, it took me a while but here goes.

Name: Song for the Deaf

Specialties: Narration. Announcements/Promos. Earnest-sounding, serious, no real age to my voice. A few accents, with some ability to do dramatic reads.

Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/users/duckfeed

Payment: Paypal

Here's a sample I just recorded. It's an excerpt from the intro to one of my favorite books, House of Leaves. I wanted to read something spooky.

I run a podcast network called Duckfeed.tv, and I've done radio DJ work in the past (at a radio station that read periodicals for the blind, so plenty of experience interpreting copy).

I'm currently doing freelance voice work for the production company I work full time at. I record on a Heil PR-40, which is mounted onto a Heil PL-2T boom. It's plugged in through an M-Audio Fast Track Pro, and I do all of my recording and editing in Logic Express.

Let me know what you think.