Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blamethrower
Nov 26, 2006

Hey guys, I'm currently producing a ten minute documentary that explores the Universe and our understanding of it, with some mind blowing facts thrown in for good measure. I'll be looking for a narrator towards the end of the month so I'll be sure to post a detailed write up of the project and what I need/how much I can afford to pay etc. in the next few weeks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blamethrower
Nov 26, 2006

Hello VO thread!

First off, i'm willing to pay £30/$50 via paypal to the chosen goon.

I'm looking for someone to record a narration for my short doc about the universe. The doc is made up of talking heads and shots of the universe created in after effects. A voice over will run thorough the doc providing an intro and connecting the questions. Ideally I would like it before Sunday 29th.(sorry for the short turn-around)

Specific request - it needs to be sent to me as a 16bit 48khz MONO .wav file.

---------------------------------
Script:

The Universe.

It is everything we know. Every star, every planet, every galaxy. Infinitely small and infinitely large, the universe is now known to be approximately 14 billion years old - a measurement taken from the time of the Big Bang. But what was the Big Bang?

Light cannot travel instantaneously. Light travels at a specific speed. Therefore, when you look out into the night sky, you are effectively looking back in time. The further away we look, the further back in time we see - enabling us to see all the way back to the big bang with the use of powerful telescopes in orbit.

The observable universe is a spherical region of space that we are able to see. Objects at the edge of the observable universe have had enough time for their light to reach us here on Earth, making them visible. The observable universe has a diameter of approximately 93 billion light years - making the distance from earth to the edge of the observable universe around 46 billion light years. In short, nobody knows what lies past the edge, as it is unobservable.

There are between 200-400 billion stars in the milky way. But there could be more galaxies in the universe today than there are stars in the milky way. How did all these stars and galaxies form?

-------------------------------------

Any questions or submissions - lamethrower AT hotmail.co.uk

Thanks goons!

Blamethrower
Nov 26, 2006

ChaosTheory posted:

is that lamethrower AT hotmail.co.uk

or blamethrower AT hotmail.co.uk
?

EDIT: blamethrower AT hotmail.co.uk failed, so I guess it is lamethrower

Yeah sorry, lamethrower! thanks

Blamethrower
Nov 26, 2006

Thanks for the submissions so far guys, they've all been great! I'll make a decision sunday night (GMT) to allow everyone who wants to submit to do so.

Blamethrower
Nov 26, 2006

Thanks again to everyone who sent a submission! They were all great and it was fantastic to have such a diverse range of voices to choose from.

It was very difficult making a decision, but in the end I decided to go with Dirtydeluxx! The reading was perfect and I can't imagine changing anything about it - so email me your paypal address!