Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I've got access to a studio that I use for recording a punk band's practice jams twice a week and realized I might as well make use of it. For lack of other material I decided to read a chunk of today's sports section.

Here it is:

The biggest things I've noticed is that I need to either get or make a pop shield (and maybe mount my mic on some kind of desk stand instead of hand-holding it), and that I need to work on keeping my vocal levels/intensity consistent across takes or get good enough to do 90 seconds in one take. I cut like three different takes together.

===

Name: Grand Prize Winner

Specialties: Don't even know yet. Used to speak with a heavy surfer voice, man, but spent a couple decades breaking the habit. I can use the words

Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/users/GPWSA

Contact: Just looking for commentary on the forums right now.

Payment: I don't know that I'm looking for money yet, just commentary.

Equipment: Sennheiser E935, Behringer x32 Producer mixing board (used as I/O unit via USB), Adobe Audition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I just started posting in this thread but I'm in the area. Redondo beach, specifically. If you're out in the Valley or something it might be a no-go.

I'm continually improving my studio (mainly with an ear for instruments and editing) and would kinda like someone who knows what they're doing to give it a look and a little critique.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

CuddleChunks posted:

Woooooo!!!! That's awesome, blinkeve!

Hahah I'm volunteering with my local community theater group and running sound for their play. I composed a short piece of electronic music for them and created a pre-show announcement voiceover. It makes me chuckle every time I fire it off before the show starts because I got to write the text myself. Boom, more voiceover work.

Oooh. What are you using to run sound? Qlab?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

I kinda walked out on BTVA, I couldn't really find much stuff that was worth auditioning for. Got cast for over 50% of my roles, though, which buffed up my self confidence a little. Even did the fandub of the Suicide Squad movie.

fandub? Was it in a non-english language or was it some kind of rifftraxy parody type thing?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Hey all! A couple months back I recorded a little something, a kind of bad guy rant based on an old joke from the Kill Six Billion Demons thread in BSS. I just remembered this thread existed so here it is in two versions, one with effects and one without:

with effects: http://vocaroo.com/i/s19PdwKlZiNN
without: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0q5HQ23ROYm

I guess I'm looking for two different types of commentary. First, what do you think of the VO itself and how an I improve it? Second, how do you like the effects/what are they? Audition crashed after I exported the effects version but before I saved the project file, so all I've got are the original recording and the one with effects.

e: recorded on Adobe Audition with an SM58 clone with a pop shield. I/O was through a mixer with USB I/O.

Grand Prize Winner fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 29, 2016

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I'm not a regular VO guy, but I've got a decent studio setup so why not:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0Bk7kekE8Lt

Recorded using an SM58. If you like my general tone I can record this with some other, better mics too, but they're locked up at my office right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I thought SAG-AFTRA VOAs were on strike. When did that end and how did it turn out?