Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

The Blue Yeti is nice, but if you're in an apartment or a noisier place, it'll pick up white noise very easily. I tweaked one for ages and ended up getting the "simpler" cousin, the Blue Snowball :staredog: That said, I found a trick for reducing white noise (or racket in general) in the process: make a sound cube! Awesome guide can be found here.

It's hard to buy it in modest amounts, but I found some Auralex foam here.

Not sure how this would work with the Yeti, honestly, since that thing is freakin' gigantic. Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I don't know if it'd fit in there. I'd like to upgrade from my Blue Snowball on general principle, but the Yeti's sensitivity coupled with my apartment makes it impossible.

Geop fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Incredulous Dylan posted:

I picked up a Blue Yeti Pro with a Blue windscreen about two weeks ago for my online DJing and I am really impressed with it so far.
The Blue Yeti with its windscreen looks awesome in pictures, but I recall reading that it was a nightmare to attach. Is that true?

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

The Joe Man posted:

A couple weeks ago I recorded the trailer VO for No Goblin's new game, Roundabout. Trailer was just released yesterday and you can check it out here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=186357488
Goons should definitely check this out and greenlight it :v:

Also, I loved the voicework on that, Joe. I'm the dude who did the ending part :respek:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Been lurking on-and-off since page one, figure I may as well put my info here :shobon:

---

Name: Geop

Specialties: Texas accent (AU NATURAL~), sounding like an old-man, various impressions (ie: Jollo from King's Quest, #24 & Dr Girlfriend from Venture Brothers, other little ones spread all over)

Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/listen/qaob (just a one-off voice clip)

Payment: Paypal is pretty ideal, but I can wing other alternatives

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

I've got one of those. It's about as sensitive as the Yeti, but it doesn't have anything in the way of adjusting itself (ie: knobs and such).