Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009
Hi. I'm helping to create a short narrative historical documentary about the early days of Canada's National Film Board for a university history class. Unfortunately, a voice actor bailed at the very last minute, and we really need to find someone that can do these lines with a scottish accent.

Due: Before Wednesday night, March 28th.

Notes: John Grierson was a scottish filmmaker. You can find a sample of his voice here, around 23:49 and 26:10. If it would be possible to have the lines read a couple different ways, that would be very much appreciated.

Script:

My hope has been that film will secure the future and serve the still wider needs of the people of Canada. John Grierson.

Those who had studied the development of propaganda were constantly warning that a highly organized Information Service, national and international, was as necessary as any other line of defence.

The National Film Board will be the eyes of Canada. It will, through a national use of cinema, see Canada and see it whole--its people and its purposes.

So there you have it. There are two sides to propaganda, and two sides to the film at war. In that way I have thought to rescue from these barren days of trouble something we can hand on to the future.

Pay: We don't really have a budget, but we would be able to offer $20 as a token of our appreciation and gratitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009

ChaosTheory posted:

I will give this a shot, do you have Skype?

Thanks! If you send me an email to gpressey@connect.carleton.ca, we can work out a time to get in contact.